Sign in to follow this  
Huntik

Found dead hacker (maybe) can I keep his stuff?

Hi so I found bunch of dead players with some creapy equipment, but one of the dead guys had a super equip (NVG, rangefinder, coyote backpack, GPS, M107, grenades, radio, .... ) I think he might be a hacker, don't know for sure... anyway let's assume he was, so what do you think, can I keep hes stuff?

here is a moral dilema... he was a hacker(like I said let's assume that) so hes equip was not obtained in a legit way so it should not exist thus I should not use it, on the other hand the biggest punishment for those hacking idiots would be if they would serve some noobie as a loot factory. What's your opinion?

btw what's a mountain dew (Is it a legit item?)

and what's radio good for?

You won't be banned by Battleye if that's what you wanna know. However, if a server admin catches you with it(which is unlikely) then they might ban you from their server.

Edited by Symptom

No.

If someone catches you with that kind of gear that is not on DayZ, you will get banned because they will think you are the hacker.

You can't be banned for carrying hacked items, only spawning them.

Most of that stuff is already ingame, if it looks dodgy then don't use it. Mountain Dew is a rare drink, I'd hold onto it! And what I meant by dodgy items was shit like what I saw in a tent today..

'G36C Mag....' and yes, it had those full stops at the end of it. So I just left alone :D

Good luck on your endeavors, and on a side note. You can only get banned for scripting :D

radio?

you get one in arma 2, and one time i killed an NPC version of myself (long story) and he had all my gear duped, plus a radio.

had it for a day or two, died, now people probly think im a hacker

Edited by dillonblunts

All of these are legit items.. My set up is very similar... And ive found all of it myself. Now you won't get banned for using the non legit items assuming they were imported, But the person who used the script to import them could very well be banned

A mountain dew is a delicious beverage. It is rare as far as finding it, but offers nothing more then a can of coke or pepsi would.

as long you can find the shit in the dayz-wiki you can safely use and kepp it. Only people which are caught hacking can be banned.

None of the items you listed are hacked in items, and aren't that hard to get in game. I've had every item you listed several times and I'm not a hacker. You say you found a bunch of dead players? The last time I was killed I had a pretty similiar loadout to the one you listed (NVG, GPS, + higher end weapons) and I was playing with 3 friends that were pretty decked out as well when we were all suddenly teleported into a forest along with a bunch of other players and killed by hackers. Maybe you ran across something like this.

No.

If someone catches you with that kind of gear that is not on DayZ, you will get banned because they will think you are the hacker.

That's not true. Rocket has stated as long as you did not hack the items into existence then you will not get banned. Which means you can grab all the goodies off a dead hacker you want. But that's just my 2 cents on the subject. As for the OP Mountain Dews are legit they are just super rare. The radio doesn't do anything right now. Mostly just for those guys who think they have to have every rare thing in the game. Also none of the items you listed there are hackeed in items.

• Like 1

wow thx guys that was quick.

thanx for the info.

So what does that radio do?

all of those are in the game, even the radio

This. I was killed by a hacker because he thought I was a hacker... Just because I had a silenced mp5, m24 , NVGs, range finder etc. Just because someone has a lot of good loot, does not make them a hacker. Some of us just know where to find stuff, and can keep a survivor alive for a week+. Sometimes it's all about luck as well. Finding a dead guy on the hills outside of Elektro has netted me some good stuff right after spawning on the beach. Not to mention the ability to run back to your corpse.

As for using hacked in gear. Sometimes there is no way to tell if the item was scripted in. Some guy with "legit" gear AKM, 1911 etc, could have spawned it in. While some guy with an AS50 with a thermal scop could have just found it on a dead scripter.

I tend to stay away from guns/gear that are not in the game legit. Sure, they say you wont get banned from the game for using them... but people might assume you're a hacker for carrying them around.

Radio doesnt do anything for now but complete the tool belt set... probably the rarest item in the game

if you go to the top of green mountain your supposed to hear a morse code message every hour on the hour if you have the radio, I've never done it but its what alot of my friends say.

The Morse code translates to: We are no longer alive STOP This message will play every hour if operators are no longer responsive STOPMESSAGE Unable to quarantine subject change STOPMESSAGE

Edited by zosimo

yup, I found soldier uniforms on a hackers body once, they were the same outfit the soldier zombies wear, it was pretty kool .

So what do you think, can I keep hes stuff?

It has been said that picking up hacked gear is not ban-able offense. HOWEVER server admins can use their hosting companies interface to block IP address's from joining (IE server ban you).

AND they can see what has been picked up by who basically (very hard to read but it is do able and they generally use a search function to look for it in logs).

IF a server admin bans you for it. He is in the wrong. Report it on forums and hell either have to un-ban you or have his server removed from listings.

TLDR; Use it. No harm will come to you for it. If you dont another player will...