Sign in to follow this  
KillCam96

Most EPIC scenario: with questionable outcome

Hi, I just thought I would share this epic tale of what happened to me about an hour ago.

Okay, so I'd been playing dayz all day after getting it to work, I played mostly on the coast, familiarising myself with the controls, zombie and survivor behaviours etc. Anyway, earlier I decided to venture inland after scavenging a g17 and akm from the western airfield, I crossed the airfield and headed into the tree line behind, I travelled in a northerly direction for about 10 mins when I saw an un-natural boxy shape in the middle of a field, I got closer and realised it was an atv. I got excited but suspicious as I walked close to get on it. however just as I was about to get on I was jumped on by two bandits, one in a gillie suit with a sniper, the other with camo and an m4, "don't you fockin dare mate, get on the floor now" I panicked as I first raised a pathetic salute and went prone, they both stood at either side, guns at my head, first angry down the mic, then understanding of my noobish prescience and offered me blood and food which I denied, I kept thinking, god, death, again awesome, but as the ghillie stood up from bandaging me, he fell straight back down again, blood spurting from his dome piece, another shot rang out, landing at the second bandits foot, I grabbed the chance and ran the fuck away from the area, I looked back to see the second guy taking cover and yelling to me " you sneaky cunt, I knew you werent alone!", the truth was, I was completely alone, I heard more sniper cracks ring out behind me as I sprinted for the trees, then I saw the second bandits name pop up dead. I thanked my guardian angel through chat, to which I got no reply, and carried on my escape, however suddenly I magically held an as50 rifle and a fully loaded m1911 as well as a new Alice backpack and plenty of food and drink, I also now had a gps, rangefinder and nvg's, I realised I was saved by a hacker/scripter, I thought, what now? I'm currently on the way to the nw airfield and it goes to show that some people in dayz are kind and will help people, even if they are hackers, I am great full to whomever saved me :)

However now I have the wrongly obtained kit to deal with, I've heard that carrying and using hackers equipment can get you banned, is this true? If so, do/should I kill myself to rid the kit? Obviously, as any player would be, I'm fairly hesitant to lose the kit, though I know I won't last forever, what should I do? Contact moderators etc?

Thanks for taking the time to read and I'm glad you bothered to get this far, thank you :)

• Like 2

no you wont get banned for used a hacked weapon, you should be thankful this hacker was on your side and take his gift

Just drop it all. Or respawn. The stuff is good, but I don't use stuff scripted in. All your choice, what you do.

That's a really nice story actually, quite a way to start in DayZ hahaha.

I would drop the hacked things, that's just me.

Hmmm what if I went to the nw airfield (my current objective) used the kit to counter snipe and scope out the area, and drop the kit when I pick up the weapons there?

Well one had the bandit headgear showing and did look in my pack to see anything lootable, they were pissed off because I was near their chopper, if they didn't make me lie down and put my gear up for grabs then I wouldn't call them bandits... But they were...

I also recieved the same gift from the hacker gods. I player for several days with it on various servers, and then another hacker geared me up again and teleported 20 other players on top of me in a fire fight in which I promptly died, I think my Karma was neutralized, as yours will be soon enough,

Practice with the new equip so when you die, [and you will die] and find more ,you will know what to do with it.

Edited by islandjack1
  • Like 1

Well you didn't spawn the gear in, you won't get banned.

I'd enjoy the gear while you have it.

Similar thing happened to me when I first started playing at the NWAF with a hacker giving me gear. AKM turned into an AS50 + everything else minus some things.

Then just yesterday I log onto a new server as our old one doesn't operate anymore. My group was losing two vehicles, dirtbike, a lot of gear ghillies etc all found legitimately. The new server I was checking out has zero players on it from first glance. And our camp is in the north, and it is where I log on, so I decide to check the NWAF. Hit the E Barracks, then Firehouse, then into the Hangers. I get to the last hanger and there is a tent in it. I find NVGs, GPS, and a M240. I was holding a CCO with AS50 in my pack, ghillie, NVG, Range, GPS, everything basically.

I turn to exit and notice a tractor flying down the run way, but quickly escaping my view. I only have time to shoot with the CCO and go through a clip on it. It veers around the other side of the Hangers. I slink quickly into the woods. Check P and see one other guy is on. Seconds later he spawns on me and kills me. Oh well back to the coast.

This clearly isn't our new server =(

Edited by -JMP-

interesting story for sure, but i'd ditch the gear.

use up all the ammo killing cows and sheep for practice at stupid ranges, and then bury it on a body go get some legit gear

cool story bro. I heard bigfoot appears in Green Mountain too

Edited by Bonehead3535