listening to the recorded audio and flippin hell the numbers caught me off guard

has anyone tried going to all the coordinates on the message?

I believe a couple of people had said that they are all coordinates for deer stands.

yep, just checked

Has anyone ever considered going to all those locations in the same order they are broadcasted ?

9148130.jpg

In all seriousness, this is awesome. Shit like this gets me amped to play the game and go investigating and searching for stuff. Could the developers be adding things that we just don't know? This is so cool, Rocket. You're a fucking genius, hands down BIS needs to give you a pay rise and unlimited resources due to your contribution to the company and the community.

I hope they begin to try to add some background story to this, perhaps the radio signals are telling you to go somewhere which may be a secret location. What would be cool if you found documents from dead military officials that can be read about the virus or whatever is happening which IMO would be better than a tank you can find and fix.

It would be cool if they continued to play when dropped.

Or you can just give it to a friend' date=' have him sit somewhere popular and use the noise as bait. Yes, I am a bandit.

[hr']

So' date=' morse code starting at 4:10 there:

WE ARE NO LONGER ALIVE STOPMESSAGE THIS MESSAGE WILL PLAY EVERY HOUR IF OPERATORS ARE NO LONGER RESPONSIVE STOPMESSAGE UNABLE TO QUARANTINE SUBJECT CHANG STOPMESSAGE

Just in case anyone was curious.

[/quote']

This is the greatest, creepiest, thing I have seen/heard in awhile. I don't know morse code, but if I had and heard that, I would have shat bricks.

Yeah, it was late at night when I sussed it out and as I was like 'we are no longer... alive...???' It was very frightening.

Probably no use for it now' date=' but when devs add more features, these radios could be used for side missions etc... Voice says to go to certain place...

[/quote']

I think they already said they don't want quests or anything like that. They want everything to be player driven.

Just listening to that made me get a better feeling of how fucked up a zombie apocalypse would be in real-life. One part of me hopes this is real (or will be added) but another part doesn't. DayZ will finally become scary and give off a sense of lost hope. No drama btw. :D

Implying all this is legit.

Well. All coordinates in that transmission lead to a deerstand. I can't imagine OP fakes this whole broadcast.

Well. All coordinates in that transmission lead to a deerstand. I can't imagine OP fakes this whole broadcast.

We have maps that lead to all deerstand.

There's no ingame background noise in that sound file the OP posted. No wind, no birds, nothing. The transmission is too clean, so it was not recorded ingame. Which indicates it was fabricated outside of the game.

But, the sound file is not in the mod files.

The OP said he has found food on a dead zombie soldier, but zombie soldiers never have food on them, simply check the looting tables.

No one else has found a radio that plays the fabricated transmission.

The OP has refused to post a video.

Think before you blatantly believe something a stranger tells you.

Amnesty, does the sound file you posted come from the DayZ mod? Or did you trick people into believing it does? Did you create it yourself? If so, are you going to create something that will actually end up being used in the mod?

• Like 2

this is really creepy, even when the record sound very "faked" because theres no background noise, this should be added in a incoming patch :D, im using the record for a video about dayz so, ill be posting it here :D

This is just a recording of a real life radio transmission. Ingame the radios can be used to trigger an event or used for some of the great radio communication mods.

imo the audio is fake but maybe its information "planted" by the developers to introduce new stuff on next updates

Now finaly I've been to Green Mountain, i found nothing.

Wrecked cars, dead soldiers, a massgrave and zombies was all that was there.

But still, still i remember that guy saying inchat that he found a radio, asking if anyone else had one so that they could comunicate.

And after hearing that recording, i kind of still wanna believe it's true. But at the same time i feel doubt in the radio existing at all, since i didnt find it.

Now finaly I've been to Green Mountain' date=' i found nothing.

But still, still i remember that guy saying inchat that he found a radio, asking if anyone else had one so that they could comunicate.

And after hearing that recording, i kind of still wanna believe it's true. But at the same time i feel doubt in the radio existing at all, since i didnt find it.

[/quote']

Well, I have been to barracks at NW airfield and didn't find night vision goggles. Does that make them not exist? :)

Maybe the radio just has a very low drop chance like NVG or it may even be hand-placed by the devs at different spots on different servers.

... I want this radio thing to exist!

There's no ingame background noise in that sound file the OP posted. No wind' date=' no birds, nothing. The transmission is too clean, so it was not recorded ingame. Which indicates it was fabricated outside of the game.

[/quote']

The OP said something about messing with the audio to remove the background noise to make it clearer. But, really shouldn't believe this until someone gets a video up.

Now finaly I've been to Green Mountain' date=' i found nothing.

[/quote']

Well, I have been to barracks at NW airfield and didn't find night vision goggles. Does that make them not exist? :)

Maybe the radio just has a very low drop chance like NVG or it may even be hand-placed by the devs at different spots on different servers.

... I want this radio thing to exist!

Well everyone went crazy over the idea of it, so there's a pretty good chance the devs took note, and hopefully we'll see something real in the future!