Is there any more update on this? I want to believe, but so far, we only have one person claiming to have found a radio at Green Mountain

I'm a tad late with this but here you go - "Every hour, on the hour" An excerpt from this article, and matches the periods your radio starts up at. http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/09/ff_uvb76/all/1

I think that the radio you found must be playing the UVB-76 style messages, as Il Bandito mentioned. Maybe it's part of a UVB transmission? Anyway, it was likely in the original game as an easter egg relating to Russia but it sure as hell adds suspense! :D

Also Amnesty, you're correct about the Vanilla Sky reference, as in that film parts of UVB were played in the background of that film, my favourite film :)

Is there any more update on this? I want to believe' date=' but so far, we only have one person claiming to have found a radio at Green Mountain

[/quote']

There's actually about 3-4 people saying they've found them, and two images of them in their inventory, in DayZ, next to soldier zombie bodies.

This definitely I sounds like a number station, like someone else mention earlier. I really get a kick out of this stuff. Here is a link for anyone else interested in hearing other number stations.

http://archive.org/details/ird059

The way I see it, this seems like the radio would be one way to give context to the game. Almost like flavor text for those who search for it. I remember reading an interview with Rocket (I think the pcgamer interview) where he wants to add this sort of stuff to the game. It'd be interesting to find notes/journals and other things that give clues to the outbreak.

But that's just my two cents.

I just want to chime in and say I have been following this topic since it was posted and that each part of it, is oddly compelling.

[i WANT TO BELIEVE PICTURE]

This is glorious. I also want this printed onto the front of a t-shirt.

I've been looking around the map' date=' but haven't had time to check these places of interest.

'Misty Peak' in the top North-West region, there is also a radio tower "Lysnia" a kilometer or so to the West (might be wrong). I also have spotted "Grozovy Pass", which would seem fitting for a evacuation point out of Chernarus.

Anyone know if there is anything up there? I'm planning an expedition up there when I can play next.

[/quote']

I went to Misty Peak on my tod to see if there was anything there (before I even knew about this radio ting). got board of the NW airfield and I was rewarded with a Sheep and a goat. Either there is nothing there or the server was bugged.

I was on my way for Grozovy Pass earlier this week but both a killed character (spawnkills ftw!) and issues with servers made me stop playing this game until the next patch is live. I have been checking out several deer stands before this and haven't either heard any wierd noices or seen any more body bags in them. I will continue my investigation as soon as I can run the game a bit more stable. I love seeing the posts made in this thread. =)

Some kind of a hint on something we might want to investigate would be nice too, but I have the feeling that if there actually is something to be found, we will have to find it ourselves.

I've been looking around the map' date=' but haven't had time to check these places of interest.

'Misty Peak' in the top North-West region, there is also a radio tower "Lysnia" a kilometer or so to the West (might be wrong). I also have spotted "Grozovy Pass", which would seem fitting for a evacuation point out of Chernarus.

Anyone know if there is anything up there? I'm planning an expedition up there when I can play next.

[/quote']

I went to Misty Peak on my tod to see if there was anything there (before I even knew about this radio ting). got board of the NW airfield and I was rewarded with a Sheep and a goat. Either there is nothing there or the server was bugged.

CHKilroy would have asked what they want and what they know. ;)

Man, those number station recordings freak the shit out of me. It's just so eerie... If I came across one of those on accident in real life, I'd be freaked out.

The static alone freaks me out, dunno why.

Man' date=' those number station recordings freak the shit out of me. It's just so eerie... If I came across one of those on accident in real life, I'd be freaked out.

The static alone freaks me out, dunno why.

[/quote']

Tell me about it, man they give me the creeps sometimes. But for whatever reason they interest me deeply.

I was just reading up a little more and notice this site mentions the Czech Republic runs a 24/7 number station to this day. Chernarus is suppose to be based on the Czech Republic to a degree, right? Just an interesting tidbit, I suppose.

Source: http://numberstations.co.uk/

i have a radio' date=' but no clue how to use it

[/quote']

Go to green mountain, and listen every hour. Record what you discover and post here :)

Or trade with me for it ;)

i am at green mountain, i will let u know when i hear something, is it at the start of every hour? also how close do i have to be? i am outside the wall

So, morse code starting at 4:10 there:

WE ARE NO LONGER ALIVE STOPMESSAGE THIS MESSAGE WILL PLAY EVERY HOUR IF OPERATORS ARE NO LONGER RESPONSIVE STOPMESSAGE UNABLE TO QUARANTINE SUBJECT CHANG STOPMESSAGE

Just in case anyone was curious.

since finding this topic yesterday I have suddenly become very fascinated with this and the real life versions of what this appears to be. got to give a lot of respect to the devs for doing such a thing, even if this goes no further than intermittent transmissions when near the broadcast towers in Chernarus!

Granted I've never done such a thing before, it's turned out a lot better than I thought it would of.

Thanks crass2012 for a clearer recording of the broadcast, this is what it looks like;

o1kuK.png

listening to this I can hear 2 things that stand out;

pVYA8.png

The red line is a lot harder to do anything with (from my complete novice point of view) and so the results aren't exactly what I wanted but it is slightly clearer than the original

http://www.mediafire.com/?05zq0ls1md17a3t

the volume needs to be turned up a lot but to me there seems to be someone is talking over all that static and could anyone confirm there's a second higher pitched (female?) voice in this recording towards the end of it? edit - perhaps i'm hearing things, can't hear anything like that now

the small blue dot shown in the first picture was a lot easier, i guess the talk is in Russian, anyone speak it whose reading this?!

http://www.mediafire.com/?gtye92cr7zqk9m7

That is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too distorted to make out what it says. Our imagination will go wild with it and people will come up with all sorts of theories of what it could be saying behind all that white noise. All these theories will most likely be wrong because they aren't based on anything solid, they will be based on a distorted sound that can never be repaired by computers, let alone by a human being's imagination.

By the way, apart from the OP, why has no one else heard the so called number station transmission ingame? ;)

That is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too distorted to make out what it says. Our imagination will go wild with it and people will come up with all sorts of theories of what it could be saying behind all that white noise. All these theories will most likely be wrong because they aren't based on anything solid' date=' they will be based on a distorted sound that can never be repaired by computers, let alone by a human being's imagination.

By the way, apart from the OP, why has no one else heard the so called number station transmission ingame? ;)

[/quote']

Because it's most likely fake.

That is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too distorted to make out what it says. Our imagination will go wild with it and people will come up with all sorts of theories of what it could be saying behind all that white noise. All these theories will most likely be wrong because they aren't based on anything solid' date=' they will be based on a distorted sound that can never be repaired by computers, let alone by a human being's imagination.

[/quote']

Because it's most likely fake.

Still, it's a nice proof of concept of what the devs could add into the game. I think Rocket has a similar idea, he wants to add small pieces of information for players to find. A number station transmission like this one would be pretty cool. Maybe make a complex puzzle out of it that leads somewhere.

has anyone tried going to all the coordinates on the message?

048 107

049 047

034 051

023 107

022 110

017 121

054 074

063 087

040 093

039 108

036 091

032 090

has anyone tried going to all the coordinates on the message?

I believe a couple of people had said that they are all coordinates for deer stands.

It would be cool if they continued to play when dropped.

Or you can just give it to a friend, have him sit somewhere popular and use the noise as bait. Yes, I am a bandit.

So' date=' morse code starting at 4:10 there:

WE ARE NO LONGER ALIVE STOPMESSAGE THIS MESSAGE WILL PLAY EVERY HOUR IF OPERATORS ARE NO LONGER RESPONSIVE STOPMESSAGE UNABLE TO QUARANTINE SUBJECT CHANG STOPMESSAGE

Just in case anyone was curious.

[/quote']

This is the greatest, creepiest, thing I have seen/heard in awhile. I don't know morse code, but if I had and heard that, I would have shat bricks.