I don't know how to add items into a game' date=' and adding a radio into the game would be kind of pointless to me anyways especially if I didn't even know about this, I do see neutral item codes in the loot table though, so it is more than likely labeled as something else maybe? Since this thread was bumped, I did figure out why I wasn't hearing the broadcast anymore, and only the morse. It was because for the longest time I wasn't anywhere near Green Mountain, I guess the broadcasts are location specific. I was back in that area approaching from a different direction when it started up again, I checked the time and it was around 2:01PM, so.. it didn't fade in or anything, it just abruptly kicked, and not in the beginning of the transmission either, it was already going, I ran in circles and different areas to see if the signal would break, and it did, but the area the broadcast is effective in doesn't seem to be a circular radius, I tried to map it out via my gps, but it seemed to jagged. But I assume the morse code has no boundaries, and that broadcast was coming specifically from Green Mountain, I am going to go check other areas of interest on the map to see if there are any different broadcasts though. The morse code is neat and all, but it is kinda useless unless it has some other use to it. I've been trying to record all of my broadcasts on the hour but I kinda stopped because all I've been hearing is the same thing over and over again, the occasional static transmission, the hourly morse, and when I am in the Green Mountain area, I hear this broadcast. If anyone else found any other broadcasts, please post them here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k6fds1caug21ffi

[/quote']

There is some interesting whispering starting at 1:38. I can't make it out and I'm to tired to check on it closer. Worth pointing it out in case anyone else of you could find something out, like what the female voice is saying. There are more voices of course but I find that to be especially interesting, the tone of the voice I think.

If I can even connect tomorrow (couldn't get in-game at all today) I will check it out too. I think I logged out near Green Mountain so it should be nearby anyway.

EDIT: To clarify, I haven't got a radio but will try to see if I can locate one. I will try to run Fraps in case I see something interesting. Will try to take a look around the deer stands too. That detective at least two people has mentioned earlier in this thread sounds interesting as well.

This is terrifying, I hope DayZ continues to go down this route. Zombies should always be about horror instead of arcade style gameplay.

Im thinking along the lines of Resident Evil 1 and silent hill sort of stuff.

DayZ needs more eerie and scary factors

I've been playing arma since the first game. A picture of a radio does not prove any of this is real and that mp3 is not proof either.

If you've been playing since the first Arma game, you would well know that the Radio (in the way it's presented by the OP, as the little walkie-talkie thing) is a standard item on soldier units. So it does exist, and you can take it from things or give yours away.

While it's clearly not overt 'proof', your 'proof' that it's fake is straight up wrong.

I was at first thinking "wow, this is a creepypasta BS story".. then I continued to read, saw proof.. and wow, Well done Rocket :D

Bigger well done to the Morse Code guys, since we needed that to work out the phrase.. Green mountain seems a plausible source due to it having the massive Anntenae to broadcast from, but.. there has to be some meaning behind this :/ I'll be putting my thinking caps on, if you see me ingame/PM me, and we can brainstorm :P

I'm pretty sure that radio transmission (the numbers) is using 'One-time pad' encryption, which is actually impossible to decrypt.

Wasn't that hard to figure out. The numbers are long/lats. Example : 054 / 074 puts you in southern Russia.

If you arent on that mappoint then it's directing you to that point for a reason. If you are at that point. It's a gps. when it's 0,0,0...its a blackout area.

Findings in new recording:

15 seconds in: before "Cannot fire" the whispering voice says something along the lines of "Zero...." and is blocked out by "Cannot fire"

54 seconds in: Heavily staticy voice says "Around ... ... ... in size" (He says a number, I hear it as "2511") and the rest is blocked out by the woman reading numbers again

Continuation of above, between 57 and 58 seconds in, between the woman saying "Five", and "Four", the voice says something along the lines of "It's safe" or just the word "Safe", possibly "Save", or something ending in "-afe", (the tone of voice and the waay it's being said, I don't think it could be talking about A "Safe", as in a lockbox)

EDIT: It may be saying "Get safe!" in an urgent tone.

EDIT AGAIN: Another finding, between 1:21 and 1:23, a whisper is heard saying "... ... ... in size", again, but instead it does sound a bit more like "015"

WILL CONTINUE TO DO SOME DECODAN.

Findings in new recording:

15 seconds in: before "Cannot fire" the whispering voice says something along the lines of "Zero...." and is blocked out by "Cannot fire"

54 seconds in: Heavily staticy voice says "Around ... ... ... in size" (He says a number' date=' I hear it as "2511") and the rest is blocked out by the woman reading numbers again

Continuation of above, between 57 and 58 seconds in, between the woman saying "Five", and "Four", the voice says something along the lines of "It's safe" or just the word "Safe", possibly "Save", or something ending in "-afe", (the tone of voice and the waay it's being said, I don't think it could be talking about A "Safe", as in a lockbox)

EDIT: It may be saying "Get safe!" in an urgent tone.

EDIT AGAIN: Another finding, between 1:21 and 1:23, a whisper is heard saying "... ... ... in size", again, but instead it does sound a bit more like "015"

WILL CONTINUE TO DO SOME DECODAN.

[/quote']

Maybe the numbers that come after the size is direction in degrees or mils? or the start of grid?

interesting.

(too freak out to even hear the recording)...

I actually found something interesting. Listen in the beginning of the video below. There is something that sounds like Morse signals. I haven't got a radio so no idea where it actually came from but I started hearing it when I was getting close to that deer stand.

I had kept my eyes on it for a while, sneaking up to it and checking if someone was there and a few seconds before I started recording i started hearing those noises. There might have been some kind of transmission audible at 18:30 at that location (I arrived a few minutes after, check the clock at the end of the video) but that was, if so, the last of it. There was no sign of anyone transmitting sound either so it must have come from that area. This stand is the one east of Pustochka near that large yellow field. Its the town to the west, in the middle of the map.

I also find it quite creepy that there is a used body bag in that deer stand. Nothing special with the loot except the body bag either. I had been looking for those painkillers for hours too. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqUZeokrq0I&hd=1

Anyone seen(/hear?) anything like this before?

I actually found something interesting. Listen in the beginning of the video below. There is something that sounds like Morse signals. I haven't got a radio so no idea where it actually came from but I started hearing it when I was getting close to that deer stand.

I had kept my eyes on it for a while' date=' sneaking up to it and checking if someone was there and a few seconds before I started recording i started hearing those noises. There might have been some kind of transmission audible at 18:30 at that location (I arrived a few minutes after, check the clock at the end of the video) but that was, if so, the last of it. There was no sign of anyone transmitting sound either so it must have come from that area.

I also find it quite creepy that there is a used body bag in that deer stand. Nothing special with the loot except the body bag either. I had been looking for those painkillers for hours too. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqUZeokrq0I&hd=1

Anyone seen(/hear?) anything like this before?

[/quote']

Sounded like a motorcycle if I'm listening the correct part.

I've been wondering about those deer stands... why is there military equipment in them, and why are there body bags in some of them? The transmission could just be an automatic military transmission directing lone operatives out in the field where they can get supplies...

Well' date=' linking up the deerstands doesn't seem to yield anything useful ( http://i.imgur.com/XZCSN.jpg ). Though I'm sure my parents would love to hang it up on their fridge.

Maybe the long term goal for the mod is it being a Myst clone...

[/quote']

Two of those didn't yield any deer stands(The one over at Stary Sober and Vyshoye) on the map I use to cross reference, is this correct or am I just using an outdated map?

There's so much cool stuff they can do with the radios, looking all over for one now to try and dig up some secrets (if there are any).

if you cant find green mountain...then you shouldnt know about green mountain. :) i've investigated the area...nothing there

1st RULE: You do not talk about Green Mountain.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Green Mountain

3rd RULE: If someone says "Green" or "Mountain" shoot them in the foot so they cant follow you.

Yeap I did an investigation of greenmountain. There is a mass grave there, a body bag up the tower, and a lot of dead soldiers.

Well' date=' linking up the deerstands doesn't seem to yield anything useful ( http://i.imgur.com/XZCSN.jpg ). Though I'm sure my parents would love to hang it up on their fridge.

Maybe the long term goal for the mod is it being a Myst clone...

[/quote']

Two of those didn't yield any deer stands(The one over at Stary Sober and Vyshoye) on the map I use to cross reference, is this correct or am I just using an outdated map?

I think they all yielded deer stands. At least I don't remember one of them not matching a deer stand on my reference map.

kebab4you said that he found Stary Sober at one of the corrdinates. I've been in Stary, and what i found there was a military medical camp. In the the camp was dead soldiers laying around, and behind the camp...there was 100 bodybags and a truck full.

And about that guy saying that the radio is fake, i doubt that.

Cause when i was playing about a week ago i guy wrote i chat that he'd find a radio, he asked if anyone else had a radio so that they could comunicate.

I've been looking around the map, but haven't had time to check these places of interest.

'Misty Peak' in the top North-West region, there is also a radio tower "Lysnia" a kilometer or so to the West (might be wrong). I also have spotted "Grozovy Pass", which would seem fitting for a evacuation point out of Chernarus.

Anyone know if there is anything up there? I'm planning an expedition up there when I can play next.

Maybe I'm giving up some Rocket's little secret now, but radio is going to be something like a quest giver.

That means (in the future) you can hear the distress call sent by crashed heli crew (you can see the heli wrecks in the game right now), and you can go help them, or kill them to get some nice loot. What to do is up to you, and others who also has a radio... Well, that will be pretty entertaining and unpredictable :)