Kigrax

DayZ is the Best Gaming Experience I've Ever Had

Literally. I've played every shooter you can think of along with most of the other free mainstream and underground games out there and DayZ offers an experience unlike any of them.

I'm not a roleplayer at all, but I'm also not a casual. I could hop on any of the last 6 CoD's and go 100-0 if I wanted, but not one kill or the sum of them all is anywhere near as satisfying as a kill in DayZ. Nowhere else can I actually hunt another human being and permanently kill them, either from a shadow or laying in a bush in the dead of night. We've all had a quadra-nade or a 6-man spray on whatever shooters we play, but nothing feels as good as makaroving three winny users from a bush.

DayZ is beautiful for not *forcing* a non roleplayer into awkward situations or interactions for the sake of realism, but instead making me *want* to wade through the survival process in order to get satisfying kills. If this was a game where I had to level some mundane collection skill so that I could trade for goods that other people took the time to grind out the skill level for, I wouldn't play it despite the amazing combat. Instead, you give me a reasonable amount of survival work to do that leads to organic encounters with my targets and loot I actually don't mind looking for.

So bravo, and thanks to Rocket and the rest of the dev team, for my new favorite gaming experience.

This is the first time since Ultima Online that I felt I was *nervous* about the end result of my decisions... I love it when the voice in the back of your head screams "NOOOO"""!... Then you die for not listening to it.

Cheers!

I've been playing ultima since 2000 and i still play today. But lately since dayz came i havn't touched ultima only to refresh my house. It's so interesting when hunting anyone. My char is still stuck on top of a building in cherno waiting for me to come to start killing again!

I bought ARMA2 just to play this mod as I am sure many others have. After hearing some of my buddies at work talking about it, I had to give it a try. I haven't been this addicted to a game in a long time... I've played this more in the last 3 days since getting it than I did the entire Diablo 3 beta that I had access to for months. Awesome mod!

Been gaming a long time and I would rank this as probably the greatest experience I have ever had! Still haven't killed a survivor yet and probably won't ;)

I actually get an adrenaline rush when playing which doesn't happen in other games. I like how you have to really consider your decisions because if you die you have to start all over