Sign in to follow this  
jdan0327

A tale of my first kill and murder (hence the bandit campfire).

A tale of my first kill and murder (hence the bandit campfire).

So a few days ago my buddies and I were raiding stary. We had already hit the military installation and were moving onto the rest of the town for supplies and car parts. I was running lookout on the hill, or "overwatch" if your a dayz douche lol. Unfortunately I had one friend at either end of town so I was haveing trouble keeping tabs on both of them. Then there was a pop... pop.. pop.. curseing over voice chat. My buddies been shot in the back, great... here's to failing at my job. Apparently my friend went down right at the entrance to the store. I roll over and get a good view of his body and range it. I know he was killed at relatively close range, from hearing the shots, and my buddie said he saw him run by as he was bleeding out. Heart pounding out of my chest, I size up the shot. 207 meters. Not a reccord breaker in anyones book but for a potiental first kill not horrible. I'm useing a DMR, zooming in at tier 2 I'm zero'd at 350 meters. I aim low about a mili dot and wait. The bandit runs around and through the store's front door loseing his zombies, running right through my crosshairs. I wait, I dont want to miss and give him the chance to alt-f4. He creeps back into the doorway crouching oddly enough presenting an easy shot. Crack.... crack.. I put two on center mass, and the death ticker rolled. Now I know my pride as a sniper is on the line here for not going for the one shot one kill, but as stated above this was my first kill. And to be honest my hand was shaking like a leaf, I dont think Ive ever gotten a bigger adrenaline rush from a video game. I call in friend two to loot the corpse. M14 aim and some NVGs :) not bad. We all agreed in the end that it was worth the death.

And now for my murder :/

Same spot, hill north of Stary. I had heard some shots and zed were crawling all over the place so I knew there were players about. I sat for abit watching, rangeing various targets, then I spotted him. He was looting the military tents on the Northeast side. I range him 238 meters, notice he has M4A1 CCO SD... Was I going to kill him before. you ask? Pro***ly not, but now Im not so sure. I think to my self, that would go really nice with my gillie suit, but I really dont want to be an asshole. I mean what if this kid's friendly and would like to squad up? But alas I have no way to contact him without puting myself at excessive risk. Like the average player I have been KOS too many times, most of which from an assailant unseen. He moves to another tent closer to me, presenting a clean shot. I tense but dont shot (my buddies in my ear at this point telling me not to be an asshole, and is this really the type of player you want to be speal). Crack.. crack.. crack... I guess so, three shots was definatly alittle overkill, but hey he was on the move and my buddie was bitching in my ear lol. The weird thing was I really didn't think I was going to shoot him, then in that split second decision greed won over and I did... We recovered his body, he had two M4s on him one being the SD. Do I feel bad? Yes, but at the end of the day this game really is kill or be killed and hey thats part of the fun.

Sorry Jake I wish we could of been friends.

Watch out guys, we got a badass over here.

Watch out guys, we got a badass over here.

Hahaha come on man, he's just sharing his experience, which is something I love about this game. The stories it creates.

Also, he's admitting to not being much of a badass at all.

• Like 1

Hahaha come on man, he's just sharing his experience, which is something I love about this game. The stories it creates.

Also, he's admitting to not being much of a badass at all.

careful, this guy is clearly far too cool and leet for such logic

I was just kidding. Haha. My first murder was on a guy out in the woods in a barn. I saw him and i got scared and froze. He leaned left and right, then i went outside when he came in, trying to get him to follow me, but he wouldn't. So i cam back inside, and unloaded an entire Makarov mag into him and took his guns and shit. I'm the badass now. Haha

Well, actually.. My first player kills were in Elektro I believe. In the industrial building that's basically just stairs and floors and goes way way up I the air. My two friends and I were waiting for another friend to meet us there when a van and a car collided in front of our building. This alerted all the other players as well as my friend that was almost to us. He went over to try and loot the bodies when he got murdered. We then had to protect his belongings of course. One player went to loot him and josh shot him. Then josh was wounded and I pulled out my AK and worked over to get an angle on this guy. He shot at me but missed and I shot a good 8 shots at the spot he was popping out from and hit him from the center of his chest up. We saw a player coming from a little further up the right side and let him get to Vince's body when we killed him. So then josh goes down to loot the bodies and is shot by a sniper some 15 floors above us that must have watched the entire

fight. I tried to get an angle on him by climbing on a silo hoping he was still looking at the crash but he got me. It was such a rush. The crash, the fire

and the bandits coming out of the woodwork. So much fun.

Dont worry guys I'm not a badass.

I'd prefer badass in training lol.