mythTECH (DayZ)

DayZ Map Tutorial

Hey new players!

I present to you a very handy tutorial video teaching you all the tips and tricks of the map.

In this video you will learn how to:

- Find North

- Find your current position

- Place waypoints

- Range targets

And many more!

• Like 9

Good post for newbies.

You have my beans good sir.

Not just newbies. I thought you could only set way points with a GPS.

Thanks ^^

I made the video and currently have more info to add about the map.

Someone pointed out that if thay are on a Server that does not allow Waypoints (I quote his words) "the tutorial is rendered useless" ...

NO it is not, so I will be remaking the tutorial and include all the info for servers that don't allow waypoints.

Thanks for the support ^^

It is pretty handy to know how to do some of this stuff, but it does rely a bit too heavily on waypoints imo. When my group teaches navigation and whatnot to new players, we still mention these, but we still go through how to do it without waypoints, and avoid the "clouds always move west to east" tip. Everything showcased in the video can be done without waypoints, sure maybe not as fast and efficient, but once you know what you're doing and you're familiar with the map, it's a fairly quick process.

Also, calling a server that has waypoints disabled isn't a "bad server". There is a demand for it out there. Some people don't like them for immersion purposes, others just like the challenge of hardcore type servers, as well as feeling a bit safer from snipers because it's harder to range without the waypoints. Some like everything enabled, some like everything disabled, most prefer a happy medium in between. That's why we have all the different servers that we do.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon