Sign in to follow this  
RobStark

Good Video Card Upgrade

Can anybody recommend a good upgrade for my GeForce 9400GT?? I'm running 3.10 intel dual core processor w / 4g ram. I want this game to run more smooth.

Both the 560 TI's and the 7850 are great mid range cards that can handle ArmA 2 easly. Your processor seems fine but getting another 4 gigs of ram (assuming your motherboard supports it) will also help just in general. I would wait and get the graphics card first then upgrade your processor.

Hopefully a new video card will be good enough to get this game running smooth on normal settings. I do have an extra DIMM slot I can add another 4g stick. Would it have to be the same brand?

If i'm not wrong.. Isn't arma 2 more demanding on CPU rather than GPU?

Just wondering for my self.. I'm running with

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Video Memory 1.50 GB

Central Processor Intel® Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz

Total memory 6 GB

And i personally think the best upgrate for me would be my CPU and add 2 GB of memory

Edited by bluetorch

Budget could be around 200.00 or so, but I might be willing to dish out a little more if people think it would make a difference.

i have a EVGA GTX560 Ti OC Classified which makes it similar to 570... and I5 3750K ivy with 4Gb DDR3 and I don't know why but can't run dayz with everything in ultra and top res with decent fps... don't know whats missing in my config but i'm guessing its the poor arma 2 engine's fault.

A GTX680 will chew through any game. Slap a 2nd one on in SLI like I did and any game on the market, and coming out next year, will shit itself sideways.

I will be happy with smooth normal settings. Processor is i3 3.1 dual. That will have to do for now, and I really think that 9400 gt is my biggest problem. I run ok in most cases but when I get near cities it really kicks my system in the balls.

Oops. Hit submit too many times

Edited by RobStark