CJBlackbird

An idea for distinguishing bandits and friendlies.

This is a bit of a silly idea but actually might work and lead to some interesting gameplay.

My thought is rather than your skin magically changing on becoming a bandit or a hero, what if you had a flag attached to your backpack that you could choose to display or not.

So for example if you're friendly its white, if you're not it's red.

This is where a bit more depth gets added to the idea....

I propose that actually you get to choose whether you display a white or red flag, and obviously you've got the choice of whether you want to have a flag at all.

If you choose to have a white flag and you have been killing players, you could perhaps have specks of blood accumulate upon the flag, which would not be particularly easy to notice from afar.

Maybe at the start you don't actually have the materials to even display a flag and you have to find old clothing and chop a piece of wood to make it?

Probably a silly idea, let me know.

My thought is rather than your skin magically changing on becoming a bandit or a hero, what if you had a flag attached to your backpack that you could choose to display or not.

So for example if you're friendly its white, if you're not it's red.

No one would show own red flag.

I think some people would show the red flag, theres a lot of people playing this game for the PvP elements.

Thats not the point though, thats actually the most boring part of the post.

You've missed the part about if you do show a white flag and still kill people you'll get blood on your flag eventually turning it red.

Infact, maybe everyone starts with the white flag, and it could work directly with the humanity meter in game already.

tl;dr "Remove my bandit skin, kthx!"

I wonder how long before everyone figures out that the point of the bandit skin is to identify bandits.

Its a nice idea that is slightly different from the norm. But we aren't going to be running about with a flag on our back are we - really? That's just never going to happen.

I think something similar to bandit/hero skin but far more subtle so it's not immediately obvious which one you are.

Perhaps some MINOR blood spatters on the bandit clothing and I don't know what would be good for a hero skin, maybe some miniature badges or patches on the clothing perhaps. Just an idea.

So if I snipe someone with an m107 from 600 m away I will get blood on my flag?

Good point. Idea ruined!