Sign in to follow this  
blitzcloud

Disconnections and bandits (2 in 1 suggestion)

Disconnections first:

-To be able to disconnect one will wait not moving for 30 seconds through a command input

-An hourglass or another 2d visual element will be on top of his head (example of why this is needed: players trying to rob your stuff without harming you).

-Alt+f4 or menu abort will leave your avatar not moving with the same behaviour mentioned on the previous part for 30 seconds.

Reasons for this:

-You can't avoid a firefight

-You can't avoid a zombie chase

-You can't avoid a robbery

-You can't avoid altogether! lol

---

Some people have suggested 60-120 seconds. That's a bit too much considering the nature of some of the zombies that can noclip you inside a building. This is meant to not allow you to avoid a currently happening situation.

Now for bandits:

With the removal of bandits, there's too much of a risk to give the benefit of the doubt. However there's a way to still be fair and at the same time realistic somehow.

Maybe the inclusion of a change of skin that shows your hands and clothes with blood could happen if you:

A) shoot him dead at pointblank (too close to him)

B) loot his corpse.

And of course there would be ways to clean it up such as standing on the rain for enough time, swimming or going to a water pond and cleaning yourself.

It would at least tell you if that player just murdered someone recently, and that's something you would be able to see in real life as well.

I really dont like the idea of being able to recognize bandits. Its just too cookie cutter. Something more subtle would be better imho.

As far as disconnects are concerned, rocket has a fix for it ready for when the beta ARMA OA patch drops.

Yeah, the thing is the solution rocket is proposing doesn't really affect disconnecters on firefights. It would affect those like me who join a server expecting them to honor their timezone when they do not :/

And yeah, probablt you're right about the 2 in 1 thing. Meant to say two suggestions in one thread.

Yeah' date=' the thing is the solution rocket is proposing doesn't really affect disconnecters on firefights. It would affect those like me who join a server expecting them to honor their timezone when they do not :/

And yeah, probablt you're right about the 2 in 1 thing. Meant to say two suggestions in one thread.

[/quote']

What? What quote did you read. No where did he mention the mechanics of his fix, simply that he HAD a fix.

I read something about a warning when you dc too many times on a short period, and then getting killed (if you keep disconnecting)