Torby

My road to redemption

Hello fellow DayZ players!

As you all know patch 1.7.2.5 has been released awhile ago. With this patch we saw humanity back on the debug monitor. When I first noticed my humanity I was in for quite a shock. I knew I was a bandit, since I played the sniper in our squad, and had racked up quite alot of murders. I also enjoyed the bandit side of the game, shooting first, ask questions later.

My humanity was -110000.

The only thing I felt when I saw the number, was shame. So I decided to turn over a new leaf, and become a good guy. My new mission is to get to the promised land of a Hero skin. I've already started out, patching up and helping survivors I meet on my endeavours.

This is roughly were I'm at atm: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/2012081300001g.jpg/

I will also stop by the forums, to check if anyone needs any medical attention. I know I probably won't be whitelisted anytime soon, seeing I've been a bandit the entire time I've played this game.

If you or anyone you know are in a pickle. Feel free to drop a PM or a comment down below, and I will try to respond to as many as I can.

This post will also be updated with news on my humanity, and probably some stories along the way. I don't know if there has been more of these kinds of posts, just thought I would post it here to let you guys know that not every bad guy will stay bad, and that this game is constantly evolving.

Hope to see you ingame!

Torby.

• Like 4

Ha Ha! The second post in a row with a player seeking redemption! Sweet.

Just let people know on your sig. that your available for medical help and you'll get plenty of requests. Ask them to mention you on the Wasteland thread and after a while you can become Whitelisted. Good luck. May your path to redemption be slow and painful.

You should wear Camo Clothing or a Ghillie suit or else people are gonna shoot you on sight. I play as the good guy and have only 2 cold murders in my 2 months of playing. But since the patch I killed about 6 bandits, I shoot them on sight, they are scum. It's the apocalypse and they kill and/or sabotage the last humans -not for SURVIVAL- but for sport and for 'teh lulz'. I don't understand it, I don't condone it, I don't think this game is meant to be played that way and I sure as hell will shoot every last one of them motherfuckers.

Ha Ha! The second post in a row with a player seeking redemption! Sweet.

Just let people know on your sig. that your available for medical help and you'll get plenty of requests. Ask them to mention you on the Wasteland thread and after a while you can become Whitelisted. Good luck. May your path to redemption be slow and painful.

Will do. Let's hope people won't judge my book by its cover.

Edited by Torby
  • Like 1

Working on getting Camo or Ghillie as we speak. Down to about -90000 humanity aswell :)

Camo Clothin acquired. On about -87000 humanity. Ty for the support!