Sign in to follow this  
randomhero (DayZ)

Zombies going up hills

Through a series of fun events I had a train of 20 or so zombies chasing me into the wilderness, no problem really. Just needed to get to a warehouse or somewhere safe to begin picking them off.

Well, as I went through the woods I ran into hilly areas where my character would completely slow down, but the zombies apparently do not. It makes no sense at all that a healthy, fully living being would have trouble going up a 20 degree slope, while the zombies just continue to run full speed up it. All it took was me getting stuck in this "slow" mode for one second for a zombie to get a lucky back hit on me that sent me down to the ground where I was pummeled to death.

If I'm going to get stuck going up a hill, a zombie should too. There's no reason their decrepid bodies would allow them to be MORE agile.

in all my experiences running for my life, hills help lol, you got unlucky is all it is, zig zag up the hill.

That was my experience too, you could lead zombies up a hill and they would get stuck. I feel like this has been changed though in a recent patch, can anyone confirm? And if so, why was it done?

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

The infected people (NOT ZOMBIES) are supposed to run faster than you. They just have that zig/zag currently that slows them down giving you a slight edge as I understand it.

I see no problem with the infected having an edge on you, they need to be more dangerous

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

I was running up a hill, zig zagging left and right to keep up my speed - would take a moment to try and run straight up the hill "slowly" so that I would be able to slow down the infected and hopefully have a moment to get a few shots off but they never slowed down. They'd always get a hit off on me and be all over me, eventually they just got one of the lucky knockdown hits when I still had 10k blood.

I understand that some people felt it was lame the infected could get stuck going up a hill, which is why I'm wondering if this was adjusted in a patch. If the fix is to just allow them to go full speed up hills though, I find that stupid as hell. They already run faster than us and can go through walls, lol.

The infected people (NOT ZOMBIES) are supposed to run faster than you. They just have that zig/zag currently that slows them down giving you a slight edge as I understand it.

I see no problem with the infected having an edge on you' date=' they need to be more dangerous

[/quote']

That's not what the OP was talking about, read his post again.

He's talking about them not getting slowed going uphill or about him slowing down going uphill.

In one way, the infected people should have an edge over you so making them go slow up a hill shouldn't happen.

In the other, thats the way ARMA is. Not DayZ. Thats something to discuss with their beta patch.