Sign in to follow this  
PoisonedAl

Want to practice at DayZ? Play ARMA II

Seriously, the best piece of advice I can give a new DayZ player is to play ARMA II. You know, that game you paid for! You can make your own missions and try out most of the weapons and all of the vehicles without annoying your team mates or getting shot by bandits.

Want to learn how to pilot a chopper? Play ARMA II.

Want to learn how to shoot a sniper rifle and use the mill-dots? Play ARMA II.

Want to learn how to move and look around without being seen? Play ARMA II.

Want to play as a bunny rabbit? Play ARMA II.

That and it's a fun game in it's own right, so why neglect something you paid for in the first place?

• Like 2

People don't like something like Arma 2 as they've heard about Day Z and they come in expecting it to be like most modern day shooters or AAA games and they are met with a shock. Personally I love Arma 2.

I'm gonna give this a go, with all the constant problems with ***s at the moment it really puts a downer on playing it.

What's the multiplayer like? Hack infested or has that been left alone?

I'm gonna give this a go, with all the constant problems with ***s at the moment it really puts a downer on playing it.

What's the multiplayer like? Hack infested or has that been left alone?

It has script users because it was MEANT to be used by script users.

What is even going on in those videos??! hahahaha! Second is amazing.

I guess the only reason I mentioned the hack issue is because in Dayz, dying is a bit more of an issue!

What is even going on in those videos??! hahahaha! Second is amazing.

I guess the only reason I mentioned the hack issue is because in Dayz, dying is a bit more of an issue!

ARMA II is a dicking about simulator. It lets you do all sorts of thing and its scripting power made DayZ possible... but also the reason why there are so many no skill skiddies. Play European severs if you can. Less teenage fuck-wads with mummy issues.

ARMA II is a dicking about simulator. It lets you do all sorts of thing and its scripting power made DayZ possible... but also the reason why there are so many no skill skiddies. Play European severs if you can. Less teenage fuck-wads with mummy issues.

I'm from the UK anyway so that's perfect. Gonna give it a raz tonight if I can tear myself away from Dayz!