Sign in to follow this  
Vulkfury

Non legit death, logged in dead

I logged off a server last night, I was still alive and had my gear, I logged in today and I was dead, WTF?!?!?1

Have you disconnected and tried logging into a different server?

Edited by Gogster

to me too. wtf. i was at the edge of the map. far west from kamenka. logged of very well hidden. and logged back in dead and respawned at the coast but my stats didn't reseted. well after all nothing of value was lost, only AS50, ghillie.... but still it sucks to die that way or by a hacker. i rather die by a normal player.

Edited by BoskoSLO

Running the latest patch on the server with the correct patch also?

Funny things are happening when joining servers with previous versions on.

I logged into a server few hours ago myself and there was only one other player on. I went into the game and it said i died but i spawned in the server off the map alive (but with none of my gear but my ghillie suit...) there was a dead bandit toon under me and a "jason" person about 20m in front of me just standing there i logged out and into another server quickly. In the new server i was on the coast near cherno and that's when i seen i lost everything but the clothes on my back.. but my stats were still there. . I have kept myself alive for 4 days now and had everything i needed to survive, the longest i have survived since starting about a week ago . Kinda sucks losing all my stuff (had military gear and plenty of clips and steaks) but its injected a new paranoia into me and the desire to try and keep my toon alive and come back from this.

Known bug. Very common. Occurred to me a lot in the previous versions, and happened twice with the new one already.

The big difference between then and now, is that previously you would "die" on spawn, and appear in the debug plains with all your items (and you could be moved back to the beach if you reconnected). If you then managed to get back to your body (often after an hour or so of running), you'd have effectively duplicated everything you had. Now, when this happens post-1.7.2.5, you're left with no items, no backpack, nothing, thus greatly increasing the chance that you'll die of thirst, hunger, or to a player/zombie attack when trekking back to the body - and increasing the chance you'll lose everything if the server restarts, or someone loots your body, while you're running back.

Before, it was a nuisance because you'd be thrown far away from where you were, but could be beneficial if you could return to the body. Now, it's just a huge chance of dying and losing everything, with a slim chance of getting back to the body and recovering your items. All in all, it's made the game worse for the players by creating a significant chance of losing everything through no fault of your own.

And no, It's not related to server-hopping; I've been playing the same server since the patch, and it's happened to me twice, as I said before.