Sign in to follow this  
nicebasi

Remove Nightvision Poll

Remove Nightvision?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Nightvision?

Simple Poll to see how the actual Community is thinkn about it!

1.Yes

2.No

Id say yes in the intereste of fairness at night, BUT I think it may just need better balancing.

NVG and night scopes could be in the game, they just should be super rare and they should need batteries and again batteries should be a scarse resource!

Voted no.

NVG and night scopes could be in the game, they just should be super rare and they should need batteries and again batteries should be a scarse resource!

I've been playing for about 1-2 months and have never found a nvg, I did find a L85 yesterday though. I do agree with batteries being needed but let's be real, batteries aren't scarce.

As long as you can disable shadows and adjust brightness and gamma, nobody needs NVG...

• Like 1

As long as you can disable shadows and adjust brightness and gamma, nobody needs NVG...

That's if you enjoy playing a game that looks like shit. I'll stick with my NVG's and all settings on high thanks.

That's if you enjoy playing a game that looks like shit.

That is better than to be killed by someone who can see better than you.

• Like 1

basically vote yes if you don't have NVG and vote no if you do.. if they weren't duped like hell, most people wouldn't have any, having some super rare gear to try and work towards is part of the fun...So once its actually rare again, NVG are fine :)

• Like 1

@Fraggle

Sure, the NVG is nice. But it happens sometimes that I totally forgot to turn it back on when I return to my corpse. With the correct settings you even have colors and not just green in green like the NVG :D

The current settings are just too far away from what it would be when you are in the woods. Your eyes can accustom to the current light, but in dayz the shadows make it to a complete dark sometimes.

NVG is fine, duping/scripting is the problem. Once NVG is as rare as it should be, it won't be a problem.

That is better than to be killed by someone who can see better than you.

So you'd rather cheat all because you don't have night vision goggles. I'd understand if you are talking about the over abundance of them due to duping, but if you'd do that normally that is horrible reasoning

Someone has said this before, maybe create batteries that you have to find to put in these things, like fuel in a car, that way you may have the advantage but it could soon go if your not careful. Also the night time darkness needs to be looked at as another poster has mentioned.

• Like 1

I will use all legit means to beat other players.

And that includes modifying graphics settings to get the best visibility possible.

And I do have NVGs - found them on a dead player.

basically vote yes if you don't have NVG and vote no if you do.. if they weren't duped like hell, most people wouldn't have any, having some super rare gear to try and work towards is part of the fun...So once its actually rare again, NVG are fine :)

lol i have NVG and L85 and i still want both gone btw found them legitimately

basically vote no if your a sniping bandit, vote yes if you don't want to spent your time on dayz sitting in a bush camping

dude, this game has too much weapons and military stuff, its more of a team deathmatch like battlefield or cod, instead of a survivor mod for arma 2. In my city you would be lucky to get a pistol, and even more to find a rifle, and almost super rare snipers. Order would although be quickly reestabilished by another faction, its easy to take hold of all weapons

why the hell are people bitching about NVGs if someone found them they got lucky don't whine because you couldn't find any and want everything to be fair. The only problem is duping

So you'd rather cheat all because you don't have night vision goggles. I'd understand if you are talking about the over abundance of them due to duping, but if you'd do that normally that is horrible reasoning

Adjusting in-game settings is NOT cheating. BI put the settings in the game and they are there to be used. Are you suggesting that you have a better idea of how to make a game than them?

Make NVG's even rarer than they are now and fix any duping or bugs . There ya go problem solved , only a very small amount of players will have night vision capability. Which they can use for whatever tickles their fancy.

NVG's should only be found In military bases .