Sign in to follow this  
bluetorch (DayZ)

Is it worth it reporting alt-f4?

Just wondering if its worth it to report players doing alt-f4 if i have solid proof? Got video that displays player doing alt-f4 after getting hit, making the body dissapear.

Video also displays hes name and some type of ID number that i think is linked to battle eye

lols. You'll be spending more time reporting than playing the game if you did that. Half the players I attack alt+f4. many people still seem to think logging out is a tactical decision that is part of the gameplay.

They're already logging Alt-F4s with a recent patch while they decide how to punish players who do it.

Rightly or wrongly, people do it as a tactic, so until there's a fix, use the opportunity to motivate you to learn to be a better shot, or avoid conflict altogether. There's a Sniper Range map you can get for Arma 2 that allows you to practice every gun in a target range. Learn headshot kills.

They're already logging Alt-F4s with a recent patch while they decide how to punish players who do it.

Rightly or wrongly, people do it as a tactic, so until there's a fix, use the opportunity to motivate you to learn to be a better shot, or avoid conflict altogether. There's a Sniper Range map you can get for Arma 2 that allows you to practice every gun in a target range. Learn headshot kills.

Learn headshot kills.

It was a one shot kill, But even with that people can make their bodies dissapear to prevent looting of their gear if they alt - f4 fast enugh..

It's pretty common too, probaly even lamer than logging out of combat.

They really don't gain anything out of it

Most importantly, read cheat report guidelines -___-

I dont think you can actually ban someone from doing alt-f4, sure it sucks and is annoying, but it cant be compared with hacking, using artillery, teleports, god mode etc... Plus everyone does it, I dont think what you were aiming with reporting alt-f4, especially since I bet everyone has done it sometime, at least when you were just introduced to dayZ, first day and having your first OMG-im-being-shot! firefight, concluding in panic disconnect.

Edited by Eza
  • Like 1

Just wondering if its worth it to report players doing alt-f4 if i have solid proof? Got video that displays player doing alt-f4 after getting hit, making the body dissapear.

Video also displays hes name and some type of ID number that i think is linked to battle eye

Read the reporting guidelines:

What we don't want:

- Oh my friend said he saw a cheater.

- Oh this cheater is streaming.

- This guy went through a building because obviously it was lag!

- OH HE/SHE DISCONNECTED BEFORE I COULD KILL THEM!

- My mom made me post this

• Like 1

There is also somewhat legit reason to Alt-F4 if there is hacker on server and Abort is disabled. It sure sucks to be killed, but when you get killed by legit player its part of the game. Getting killed by hacks is another story.

• Like 1

No, its not, but its a pleasure to see people die who tried to escape with alt+f4 without success because they wet their pants a few seconds after they realize they are getting shot.

I know when they login on another server they will spawn at the beach.

Mostly, high end geared sniper pussies try to alt+f4.

i rarely miss my target on the first shot with my as50, but when i do, they try to alt+f4, but my second shot will not miss them.

It has nothing to do with this but i used my as50 with a m107 mag yesterday, my target was bleeding and started to run, i thought he was supposed to die? wtf. He logged onto another server, changed position and tried again. But as i said, i rarely miss a shot, he died a few minutes later. did they change the damage amount of the as50 with m107 mags?

I want my 1 hit kills to prevent alt+f4ing.

Edited by ForbiddenArtist

For those who Alt F4 on my server, we have a Hall of Shame that is displayed in a in game message.

All players caught Alt F4ing are added to the list for a period of time. So when they join they can see there name on there.

For Alt F4 + Hopping this is a diffrent matter, These players, i will put them on a Ban with evidence and a temp ban for a day or so with no evidence.

The hall of shame on our server seems to stop alot of it, but it does still happen.

Edited by UXFaz
  • Like 2

Plus everyone does it, I dont think what you were aiming with reporting alt-f4, especially since I bet everyone has done it sometime, at least when you were just introduced to dayZ, first day and having your first OMG-im-being-shot! firefight, concluding in panic disconnect.

I can't even tell you how accurately you just described my first fire-fight (In my defence I panicked because I was unarmed!)

It has nothing to do with this but i used my as50 with a m107 mag yesterday, my target was bleeding and started to run, i thought he was supposed to die? wtf. He logged onto another server, changed position and tried again. But as i said, i rarely miss a shot, he died a few minutes later. did they change the damage amount of the as50 with m107 mags?

I want my 1 hit kills to prevent alt+f4ing.

If you get an extremity shot (foot, hand, etc...) you don't get a 1-hit kill with the M107 mags. If you get a centre mass shot it's still 1-hit. Been like this since the start I believe.

It's base damage is still 37k. Only way to get that number under 12k would be to bounce it, pass it though a brick wall or shoot at someone from over a few kilometres away.

If you get an extremity shot (foot, hand, etc...) you don't get a 1-hit kill with the M107 mags. If you get a centre mass shot it's still 1-hit. Been like this since the start I believe.

This might be the solution, thanks.

It's base damage is still 37k. Only way to get that number under 12k would be to bounce it, pass it though a brick wall or shoot at someone from over a few kilometres away.

The base damage is only at 37k if you use the 5 round nato mags for the as50 only. The m107 ammo does something around...17k, i dont remember.

Edit: My bad, this statement was wrong.

Edited by ForbiddenArtist
  • Like 1

The base damage is only at 37k if you use the 5 round nato mags for the as50 only. The m107 ammo does something around...17k, i dont remember.

Edit: My bad, this statement was wrong.

Very, very very wrong. Wrong by over a hundred thousand! :lol:

Your new wallpaper

Very, very very wrong. Wrong by over a hundred thousand! :lol:

Your new wallpaper

My apologize, i got that chart already but i didnt take a look at it for a few month's, i thought it was 17k/37k shown, however, i edited my post already and corrected myself. :P

The only time I will alt-f4 is to escape a hacker. This is the only time I find it acceptable.

stupid question, what's alt f4 do in dayz? for me it opens some command window..?

Exactly what this guy said, I tried it in the middle of a field and fuck all happened.

wierd how ive been playing dayz for around a month now and didnt know about alt f4 lol

can i ask what it does, does it just make you leave the game etc?