FrankTheDuck

Tents/vehicles not saving gear

Ok

So the past week or longer tents on my server are constantly reverting back to an old save with gear in them after every restart. DESPITE saving them after looting them or even emptying them and packing them up, After a restart they appear again but empty.

Now after updating to 1.7.2.5 Vehicles are also doing it. Me and a friend spent hours last night to get two atvs going get sufficient jerry cans and go loot a heap of camp sites we knew about.

Everything went as planned we got stuff we wanted to help gear up our clan mates and such. We hid our atvs for the night saved them of course to ensure the save.

After just logging in now (2 server restarts later (Automated)) My atv is back to having the stuff it starts with in it (can of beans heat pack and something else) Loosing 4 jerrys generous supply of food water meds 2x AS50's with ammo and 1 M1A4 CCO SD with ammo. All gone.

So am I doing something wrong or is every server having this problem? Yes i'm aware we are in alpha, But it appears we're going BACKWARDS not forwards with patch releases. I use to have no problem with tents/vehiles before.

/End rant

• Like 1

It's a know bug and only applies to 1.7.2.5 (which isn't an official patch btw).

The bug is very simply; it only stores the items in your tent and vehicle at the first save, after that it won't send the data to the HIVE anymore.

You want to to submit a detailed bug report, but since it's already known I don't think it will help much unless you discovered something else.

• Like 1

So basically, I should revert back a patch if I want my server to function with using vehicles and tents?

I mean they are a part of the game and not just a little part...

Yes, to make sure tents and vehicles store items you should downgrade to 1.7.2.4 again.

Yesterday evening I spoke a server admin who found this same problem and they downgraded after which all the problems were solved.

The 1.7.2.5 patch was intended to fix the graphical glitches, but causes way more problems instead (and still doesn't fix the artifacs).

i lost all my gear to this bug.. gps nightvision gps as50 etc etc gg ^^

is this problem resolved only by the server going back to 1724? i play on a server using 1725. i assume that if i revert back to 1724 it won't make any difference as long as the server is running 1725...

i've lost a SAW and a bunch of jerry cans and vehicle parts since the update...

It doesn't work.

My friend and i have a server, where we upgraded to 1.7.2.5 and the problem appeared.

Then now we have downgraded to 1.7.2.4 and now then tents won't even remember items after the first save.

Its completely empty.

I hope they will fix the bug with tents and vehicles very soon.

Because i don't find it nice to play at all, with those bugs.