Telo (DayZ)

[Suggestion] Show playername overlay if friends

Hi.

In real world I can look at human and understand who is it by his face.

In dayz PlayerName overlay not shown because of realism, so when I play game with few friends near - it hard to understand who is who.

Idea:

Allow to become acquainted with other players.

You see player -> action menu -> select "make friend" -> name overlay start to show above player

-----

когда играешь в команде, из-за одинаковых скинов сложно различать игроков, потому что не отображается имя игрока.

Сделать возможным игрокам как в реальной жизни "познакомиться". Через Экшин меню.

Если игроки знакомы, то показывать им имена друг друга или прям над игроком. или при наведении мыши.

This is a great idea with one caveat, it should be backwards.

Lets take Bob and James playing. In your scenario, Bob adds James to his friends list. If they are really friends, great. But if in reality James never wanted to be friends with Bob its too bad, Bob now knows James' identity all the time.

The way I would see it is that you would GIVE the other player your information, so they could see you. In effect, Bob would tell James, "Hey Im Bob, remember my face!" Now James can see Bob's name when he meets him next. Bob would not know James' name without James telling him.

This is a great idea with one caveat' date=' it should be backwards.

Lets take Bob and James playing. In your scenario, Bob adds James to his friends list. If they are really friends, great. But if in reality James never wanted to be friends with Bob its too bad, Bob now knows James' identity all the time.

The way I would see it is that you would GIVE the other player your information, so they could see you. In effect, Bob would tell James, "Hey Im Bob, remember my face!" Now James can see Bob's name when he meets him next. Bob would not know James' name without James telling him.

[/quote']

yes, agreed. it is the way I want it worked too.

This is a great idea with one caveat' date=' it should be backwards.

[/quote']

yes, agreed. it is the way I want it worked too.

Great, I hope this happens