Sign in to follow this  
Tyrant (DayZ)

Finally i can do it!

since the first time i have started playing, my dream is to be able to survive without having to kill other players out of paranoia, and now i can do it. Because i have finaly obtained...

Matches

A decent gun(ak-47-3 mags)

hunting knife

map

compass

alice pack full of some food and water

and the best of all, A camping tent!

Now i plan to go off into a remote area and live off animals and finally not be randomly killed all the time. Im so happy!

I wish you the best of luck.

For me that is where the MOD shines, head away from the high populated areas and take it from there. You'll probably get killed soon (sorry to say) but you learn so much more by trekking the whole map. Trial and error makes you a better survivor.

After a ruthless murder or a simple mistake, respawn and grab whatever you can without spending too much time in the first town. You can navigate and survive with almost nothing and work your way froward from that in quieter places.

Yeah I can say I do the same, heading way out to the fringes. But I don't stay there all the time, as we must get our zombie count up. That is the key to not getting bored. Sneak into a remote town and take out zombies. Refill ammo and head back out.

I can say that some of the very remote towns have some really good supplies. Ran into a town where i found a map, matches, binocs and a compass. So don't need all of that from the major towns. Altho navigating without the compass through the forests is a bitch.

Yeah I can say I do the same' date=' heading way out to the fringes. But I don't stay there all the time, as we must get our zombie count up. That is the key to not getting bored. Sneak into a remote town and take out zombies. Refill ammo and head back out.

I can say that some of the very remote towns have some really good supplies. Ran into a town where i found a map, matches, binocs and a compass. So don't need all of that from the major towns. Altho navigating without the compass through the forests is a bitch.

[/quote']

Indeed it is , i spent 40 mins roaming the vast wasteland forests on the west edge of the map trying to find the NW airefild with no map oor compass using the moon as a bearing :)

Yeah I can say I do the same' date=' heading way out to the fringes. But I don't stay there all the time, as we must get our zombie count up. That is the key to not getting bored. Sneak into a remote town and take out zombies. Refill ammo and head back out.

[/quote']

Indeed it is , i spent 40 mins roaming the vast wasteland forests on the west edge of the map trying to find the NW airefild with no map oor compass using the moon as a bearing :)

Yeah there were multiple times I was trying to head west, opened my compass and started out. But after a few minutes I opened my compass again only to find I was now going more North. It's easy to get turned a little bit at a time going around trees and skirting the treelines around a field.

As a side note, the only item I have not found outside of major towns at this point is a tent. I even found a car bogged down in a small swamp, and a motorcycle in a shed.