crunzaty

Some (cool) ideas for items.

So i have a two ideas for dayZ:

First off: Mountain dew

Mountain dew is hard to find so i think it would be nice that you actually would get/gain anything for using it.

So my idea is as following, If you drink the mountain dew you'll get a little run/speed boost and hold your gun steady for a few minutes (5-10min) would be my suggestion.

And then we have the other one: AS50 TWS (Yes i know it is a hacked gun)

I just think that if the cheaters and shit will have it to kill players it would be fair if other players could get it.

So my idea for the hacked gun is as following: You know when you fix a car you need parts and shit to be able to use it? OK, GOOD!

So what i was thinking was that you have to find the parts to "build" your own AS50 TWS (So you actually could need your useless toolbox).

So first you need to find the "gun" with missing parts to get it working. Then you have to find parts like: Trigger, the scope (NVG maybe?), Bipod, Pull bolt and laser

Remember that both off these are just my ideas and i think it would be cool..

Thanks for reading and now: say if you agree or not (with a reason m'kay?)

crunzaty

Edited by crunzaty

Mountain Dew ideas have been floating around the suggestions thread. You should read a little before posting.

Why build a gun? There's so much to do on DayZ already, this isn't an answer to hackers, an answer to hackers would be to fix the hacker problem, not empower them with more weaponry.

Do you know how many other guns are in Arma2? Hell no on the as50 thermal. And hell no on the mt dew its not very realistic to get speed boost from a soda.

• Like 3

Do you know how many other guns are in Arma2? Hell no on the as50 thermal. And hell no on the mt dew its not very realistic to get speed boost from a soda.

Well said.

• Like 1

And hell no on the mt dew its not very realistic to get speed boost from a soda.

and who told you that mt dew is just usual soda?)

• Like 1

Agreed... Its nice to see people thinking of ideas to make the game fun, but the funnest part is the realism. As soon as we start adding things like "Power ups" and "Levels" It just takes away from that realism, which is why most people enjoy day z to begin with. With the guns idea... its not all to bad but why dismantel the whole gun? Why not just make it so that maybe you find an AS50, and you could also find different scopes to attach to different weapons. For instance, I find a Thermal scope and decide to attach it to a AS50 or maybe M4A1? Of course it would only be good for certain weapons so people are not running around with Lee Enfield TWS :P

Agreed... Its nice to see people thinking of ideas to make the game fun, but the funnest part is the realism. As soon as we start adding things like "Power ups" and "Levels" It just takes away from that realism, which is why most people enjoy day z to begin with. With the guns idea... its not all to bad but why dismantel the whole gun? Why not just make it so that maybe you find an AS50, and you could also find different scopes to attach to different weapons. For instance, I find a Thermal scope and decide to attach it to a AS50 or maybe M4A1? Of course it would only be good for certain weapons so people are not running around with Lee Enfield TWS :P

Not bad ideas but it is not available in the current Arma engine and if im not mistaken not available in Arma3 engine.

i was thinking of a new idea for a skin. we have bandit and hero now. what about zombie killer. you have to kill 500-1000 zombies and then you get a tan vest with ripped sleeves maybe a sleeve is being used as a bandage on your leg or arm. dirty dark blue jeans or camo cargo trousers and big military or doc marten looking things only its tan like a lighter shade then the vest. and for the hat maybe well actually you could maybe leave the hat.

i was thinking of a new idea for a skin. we have bandit and hero now. what about zombie killer. you have to kill 500-1000 zombies and then you get a tan vest with ripped sleeves maybe a sleeve is being used as a bandage on your leg or arm. dirty dark blue jeans or camo cargo trousers and big military or doc marten looking things only its tan like a lighter shade then the vest. and for the hat maybe well actually you could maybe leave the hat.

Ahhhhhhhh stop yelling at me

That's what i was thinking i just think that you could find and change scopes and so on for the gun. Like i said both of them are just ideas. And last time i heard having an idea isn't bad..

I like the building guns thing. I'd love to put a thermal scope or an NV scope on an M4, or rip it out and be able to use them as "monoscopes". Also, getting a CCO from a CCO weapon and adding it to an M203 one. Best of both worlds, would take a decent amount of scavenging, though!

• Like 1

I like the building guns thing. I'd love to put a thermal scope or an NV scope on an M4, or rip it out and be able to use them as "monoscopes". Also, getting a CCO from a CCO weapon and adding it to an M203 one. Best of both worlds, would take a decent amount of scavenging, though!

Indeed^^

It would take long time but it would be worth it :D

The idea of taking scopes and putting them on different guns is awesome. But another thing that i have thought of while reading this is , maybe like reloading your bullets like when you shoot a full mag you get like a mag of empty rounds and you have to find Primers,Powder,The actual bullet,and a reloading stand that would be pretty awesome but idk just a thought.

The idea of taking scopes and putting them on different guns is awesome. But another thing that i have thought of while reading this is , maybe like reloading your bullets like when you shoot a full mag you get like a mag of empty rounds and you have to find Primers,Powder,The actual bullet,and a reloading stand that would be pretty awesome but idk just a thought.

That my friend would take to long^^