Sign in to follow this  
gamerer

Redeeming yourself as a bandit is not easy as it seems to be

During the course of my as a player of this mod, I've got into a little triggerhappy spree, killing numerous survivors and bandits alike, sending everyone equally back to hell. After the update that returned humanity and bandit skins back, I decided to make a face heel turn to my former way of gaming and redeem myself as a person, pay tribute to those whose lives I had taken away in the way of protecting the survivors and slaying every bandit I'd meet. Starting at the -427k humanity, I started my one-man crusade to reform myself and rid the land of evil.

Or, that's what I thought. After the first hours of making this pact, I already spotted a group of 3 nearly unarmed bandits. Mowing them down, I managed to raise my humanity to a whopping -422k. However, some time after this, I met a pair of survivors, who would immediatly upon seeing me start shooting at me with a lee-enfield and AKM. After managing to kill them also, I saw to my horror that I had dropped down to -429k, even worse than I had begun with. I decided to adopt a safer approach to this whole bandit hunting thing, so I went to my camp and grabbed a 50cal. To my delight, I noticed that the humanity increases over time (only while in movement, I saw no change when camping at the northern airfield hangars).

This time around, I decided to go to northern hills of Chernogorsk to shoot fresh bandit spawns for easy humanity increase (lame, but such is the life in DayZ). I shot two pretty fresh spawns, and saw that I did not get humanity increase at all! I did score bandit kills, but the humanity did not move either way. I realized I wouldn't get any humanity this way, so I decided to head west towards Balota, where people usually have atleast lower tier military gear. On my way there, I noticed a guy in military camo sporting a DMR, aiming towards the big white houses east of the airfield hangars. Instead of risking to ask whether he's a friendly or not, I tried to hover over him with my mouse if I could find a heartbeat, but with no success. Deeming him as a bandit as he sported a sniper rifle, I shot him in the back. And boom, another humanity hit. He also left the game right after dying, not even giving me a chance to go through his stuff.

Rather annoyed at this point, I decided to head to northern hills of Balota, where you have a good view to the ATC and zombie spawns, should anybody approach the area. However, the area surrounding the eastern hill seems to be swarming with survivors, as a survivor directly approaches me in the woods. Giving me no choice, I shoot him as a precaution. Another humanity hit and only an AKM with 3 clips.

After all this and some related mishaps from my part, the humanity has gone down to -451k, killing so many when I'm all for not killing "innocents". The karma seems to have catched up with me after all in the end, only nibbling my ass at this point, but knowing that it'll take a greater chunk, someday. The tragedy of this story seems to be that when I actually try to something good, I end up doing so many terrible deeds.

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I just wanted to fit back in ;_;

• Like 1

Become a whitelist medic? That should help, my friend.

spawned in with -48,000 humanity, 7 murders 1 bandit kill. :( After a while of playing it only went down to 46k. How did you even end up with -400,000+? That is a lot of murders.

Edited by Ezpel

This.

I have no pity for the now rag headed kos players :

Becoming a medic isn't hard, it's getting whitelisted that's not easy, especially with a bandit camo :|