paradox666

Choose where to spawn

YouCanRun I said "I bought Arma II for this mod so in essence yes" to reply to being asked if I payed for a free mod... How in any way, shape or form is that me demanding change?

i want this :P

I like playing with friends too' date=' most important thing in gaming. doesnt matter how much of traditional game Rocket wants this not to be, there are some aspects you simply cant take away, espically since gaming with friends is at an all time high.

It also will get more people playing the mod in the long run.

[/quote']

I have an issue with this.

1) It's negating the fact it's meant to be a survival simulator, it's not meant to be this easy-absolutely skipping in the fields-holding hands shit. I'm not suggesting that's what you want, but it appears to be a popular idea. It is meant to be difficult, it is meant to be brutal. If you don't like this idea, then perhaps the mod is not for you. There are plenty of ways to meet friends. Fix a car! (I know it's not simple)

2) I don't necessarily think massive popularity will be a good thing. We have seen in past month of so, a decline in the cooperative approach, and an increase in random deathmatch style game play. Whilst it's good for BISness (I couldn't help myself), for the DayZ community, perhaps it would do more harm than good. I think a progressive climb in popularity would be more beneficial in the long-term.

YouCanRun I said "I bought Arma II for this mod so in essence yes" to reply to being asked if I payed for a free mod... How in any way' date=' shape or form is that me demanding change?

[/quote']

I don't think you quite understand my comment above.

You've also posted a suggestion in the suggestion section, in which such a suggestion has been suggested many times before.

I wouldn't mind having an option to select' date=' east shore, or south shore, but that's about it.

[/quote']

Even that to be honest, is a major improvement!

Spawn selection is an idiotic thing. Everyone will spawncamp/spawn in one place.

I am in very much the same boat as OP' date=' I bought this game only for the idea of playing coop with friends and family. So far we have never been able to find each other. It's a shame when a handful of ultra hardcore fans that want so much realism that it is totally unrealistic and hurts the potential of the game.

At the very least we need a group mechanic that allows you to form groups in the lobby and then spawn together.

[/quote']

Are you kidding me?

It tells you where you spawn, all you have to do is look at a map, decide where to meet up and then run there

Sorry that it's not spoon fed to you like every other game

Spawn selection is an idiotic thing. Everyone will spawncamp/spawn in one place.

Exactly. And when you kill someone they will just spawn back in the town they died and kill you

I don't get this anti-hardcore shit some of us get.

Arma was a war-simulator, meant to be ultra hardcore....I thought the premise of this was....survival simulator...

Turak

Raviool

@ "if its not broke dont fix it"

(Today 03:24 PM)Bellicosity Wrote: I'd be alright with this if the choices were limited (Like east or south shore)

^ even if this was implimented it will be flawed, mainly because everyone will be spawning on the south of the shore, due to there being more loot locations. this will only end with more PvP! i am part of a 7 man team and i can understand how frustrating it is when you spawn miles away from your teammates, but IMO "if you fix it you will brake it".

also running from one random side of the island to get to one of the main cities just adds to the drama of actually getting to the main cities, i thought the idea of DayZ was to make the ingame life a hard and bruital world? not o_O i want to spawn here so i can have an easy game.. why should they make it EASIER than it already IS? getting to a main city and actually getting the supplies you need should be an accomplishment, not a walk in the park, or just across the road ;)

DJKhaled: Sorry that it's not spoon fed to you like every other game

couldnt of said it better myself!

+1 to you sir (when it will let me haha)

With or without spawn selection most ppl will go to cherno/elektro and pvp is inevitable on those areas. What you guys call "brutality" I call waste of time. I cant see brutality on walking on the beach for 10mins or more; there is no zombies, no enemies or traps... there is nothing on the beach besides other random players running. Its more like a race than a brutality, and its just a matter of time than an accomplishment.

Indeed revenges would happen more often and that was a thing I wasnt thinking about. But spawn camping... well we all know where ppl can spawn and we can camp, but we dont do that because the mod has 8 or more spawns and you never know when someone will spawn on that location specificaly. (You dont need to spawn exactly on cherno, you can spawn closer if camping cherno's spawner is the worry here).

I honestly dont know if this would "broke or fix" the mod now (because of the revenges), but I can say that walking on the beach is not what I call brutal or hardcore. Anyway, I just wish a way that I wouldnt need to spend my RL time holding "shift" and "w" and watching.

Say for instance the spawn 'points' were a 500 meter squared area, spawn camping that is very difficult. Also Turak says most people will goto Cherno/Elektro which is true. Let these people who lust for PvP do that and let those people who want to spawn ages away do that. My main dislike toward the spawn system is simply how much time it wastes.

how about unlockable spawns in the interior? might also cut back on some of those assholes that camp the major airfields