Sign in to follow this  
tockeR

[Server] Password protection - Script Kids

:|

Script kids now bomb our 60 slot servers hourly. Kill everyone then leave. Even worse is when they decide to teleport everyone to the ocean.

Hosting for ArmA2 isn't cheap. The only temporary solution to combat these teenagers is to password our server and entrust only community members to play. Sadly however, if we were to do this we would end up being black-listed.

This outcome really sucks. Something really needs to be done. Us administrators have absolutely no power at all.

Can I please get a post from a position of power on this.

• Like 1

Why dont you stop the server check and parse the logs send out bans. Then restart it. Why do you need to pw protect it?

Why dont you stop the server check and parse the logs send out bans. Then restart it. Why do you need to pw protect it?

We have. for the last week and a bit.

I think at the end of the month I'll have a hard debate on whether to renew with my current server provider.

If no one is willing to respond, worse comes to worse we will just run our own private hive. No one seems to care enough to address this.

I dont want to start a big EPEEN flame war but Non Hive right now makes ALOT of sense.

It stops server hoppers from changing servers to come up from behind you or change to unknown angles, admins can ban for duping, retrive lost gear,

AND ban hackers instantly

Rocket himself came out to say that private hive servers are a decent temporary solution to the hacking problem. I tried one today and..... the gear is a little rarer and my gear is better protected.

I like it

• Like 1

Stop hosting. If everyone stopped hosting, DayZ would have no servers, since they don't host any themselves. They do a really shit job at showing they actually care for the community.

I agree with this. I had no idea that we could not password our server, I was aware of no locking. I don't agree with this at all.

You have to understand that its a double edged knife. The only reason you cant password your server is it gives an unfair advantage to gear/vehicle acquisition. If they let people lock / PW the rooms only friends would get in (to some servers) and they would just stand at NW airfiled w 500 tents around hording massive amounts of gear. Then you go get 10 or more vehicles and drive that shit down to the coast and set the tents up in every major spawn w a shit load of gear.

Then people would server hop over to any non locked server and start pvping. Normally this isnt a problem but with a method to obtain their end game gear almost instantly back they have no quams with dying and are able to take much higher risks then the average player. This is bad for everyone and because of the way the game works you unfortunately cannot do it.

However there is a work around. A server that is non-hive / private hive, CAN lock its doors and ban players at will. The reason is it does not have these same implication we are talking about. Even if on a non hive you stock gear when you go back to standard hive you have a different character. I mentioned in my other post that this can also stop ghosters if there is only 1 server per hive.

TLDR go private hive. its safer and more stable.

Stop hosting. If everyone stopped hosting, DayZ would have no servers, since they don't host any themselves. They do a really shit job at showing they actually care for the community.

Take some time to actually read around the forums instead of attacking the dev team. They do care but they have limited resources. If you still feel this way after reading a bunch its either because your ignorant, jaded, or just unable to comprehend what is being said

Make private hive server with custom scripts preventing against dumps, timer to avoid death, going out of bounds, that is leaving the map will result in your immediate death and destroy private vehicles and has no problems with hoppers obviously.