Sign in to follow this  
.Ender.

Chatting - no responses

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong...Im hitting "/" ingame and its for 'Group' chat. I havent been able to get ANYONE on 3 servers now to respond.

No response in 'Vehicle chat', Direct Chatting, or Group chat. I dont see any 'Global' chat options and it seems I cant get any help.

Am I doing something wrong? Also, I cant get my version to update to 1.7.2.5 from 1.7.2.4, but thats another story.

Edited by .Ender.

Group chat only works in the lobby, vehicle chat is only for the people sharing a vehicle, and direct chat is only the imidiate area around you, like 60 meters or something like that.

Ok then, the arma chat system, Global and Side are disabled on many servers, they allow you to chat with everyone or just your side, in day z everyone is Independant [same side], Group is you squad only in day z you are not in a squad, no one can see it except on the loading in menu when other loading players can see it. Vehicle can only be seen by players in your vehicle and direct chat only works for players close to you. Basically in Day Z on many servers there is no long range communication, after all blue writing all over your screen kills immersion as does the person your trying to kill from 800 meters away saying "whos shooting in cherno" before being ended.

global channels have been disabled

group channel does not work in game, only in lobby

vehicle channel can only be seen/heard by people in the same vehicle

direct channel is only 40 meters for text and 80 meters for voice

more in this thread - http://dayzmod.com/f...page__hl__voice

Edited by moriak
  • Like 1

wow a lot of responses, thanks guys! guess that clears that up....

So in the videos i watch, there seems to be a lot more chatter. Are these private servers or just happen to be servers where they allow global chat? is global disabled for ALL DayZ servers or just by default and server admins can enable it?

Basically Im joining servers but am new...have lived for a couple hours now on my own, but still dont have a weapon (and on US servers its pitch black though Ive turned up my gamma/brightness to max and it helps). I have no where to go to get a weapon that isnt occupied by zeds. So that means I cant get a weapon unless I have a partner with a weapon that can help me take them out.

But thanks for the clarification...I guess I need to join a TeamSpeak server or something instead