Sign in to follow this  
Aquariusshooter

Please help me build a good budget computer for dayz and other gaming.

Hello my name is Trent and im 16. I want someone to help me build my own computer. I need it to run games like Dayz and arma at around 300-400 dollars or less. I heard a guy saying that the best thing to do was invest money into a cpu. However ive never built a computer and dont know how either. I need someone to show me what parts to get and how t oput it together as i want to learn this. My steam account name is Aquariusshooter. Please help.

Your gonna spend this money for one specific game? Doesnt sound smart considering the standalone and Arma 3 coming out later this year.

You're better off building one yourself and recycling any usable parts from your existing computer.

But yeah, CPU and a decent graphics card are the primary components for a decent pc.

400$ for arma is rather low... id at least expect to pay 800 for a decent pc (mind u, only decent, nothing super special)

800 can get you a pretty decent computer. However, with only $400, you're gonna be cutting back on the Board/CPU and the graphics card. You can get away with playing this on an HD 6670 I'm sure. When I built my PC, the I5 760 was the premier choice, however, it's definitely changed at this point. You mentioned you've never done it before, a brand new computer with good parts isn't really the best starting point.. I blew out a lot of old 233 MHz processors while I was learning (about 7 years ago) :/