Sign in to follow this  
speca

Killing unarmed players

Me and my spotter sit on sniper hill outside Cherno and kill everyone on sight.

Why?

Because I have 1-2 squadmates in the middle of town looting shit, and anyone nearby is a threat. Even if they're unarmed, they can give away my squadmates positions by aggroing zombies, or they could easily acquire a weapon and kill them. If they're armed, then they're an immediate threat and will obviously be taken care of.

People often think that they're killed for no reason, I think that often, if you're unarmed and someone hits you with an AS50, it's because you were a threat without knowing it. Maybe the snipers teammate was across the street from you and you were attracting too much attention to the area.

Its funny how the same answers to the question keeps popping up... "I have been shot X times by Y people, so I'm now just gonna be an even bigger asshole to everyone!" :rolleyes:

Believe me, I understand the frustration a player must feel if they have just been shot by a fresh spawn after helping them with getting weapons and watnot but really.. Does that justify turning in to an asshole?

In my view, people killing on sight are no better than the so-called "carebears" that stay away from crowded areas.

You are simply denying yourself a part of the gaming experience because you are afraid that it might turn out in a way you could not predict. As it is with all human interaction!

Choosing to eliminate the human aspect of the game by simply killing everything is not what I think Rocket had in mind (my view, not necessarily yours).

The whole "he did it to me, so now I'm going to do it to everyone" mentality is so counterproductive that if it wasn't for the meta-gaming apect of using the forums to recieve help from semi organised medics (Dr. Wasteland's thread is pretty brilliant though) and hooking up with like-minded players, thereby bypassing the ingame VON by using mumble, Skype etc, this mod would not be as ground-breaking as it could be.

So in short:

Man the fuck up, stop being such a bitch about being shot, and appreciate the fact that the person that just killed you now has all he needs to survive and (if they are just a tad decent people) is probably feeling just a little bit sorry for what they did tou you.

cheers B)

ps. 'xcuse me english. Not a native :P

It's not that I kill unarmed players on purpose, but rather I practice the principle "shoot first, ask questions later". This requires me to sometimes kill unarmed players on accident.

It's not that I kill unarmed players on purpose, but rather I practice the principle "shoot first, ask questions later". This requires me to sometimes kill unarmed players on accident.

I have had an experience where I was laying in a call tower at the airfield and a chopper was just shooting to alert the nearby zombies to an unarmed player (this was Lingor Island), and the unarmed dude ran through the call tower and laddered down the side while I got chased out by 60 zombies. I went to a nearby building in a village (whatever the 3 story one with large floors and a staircase that also lets you walk out onto the roof, and he did the same thing trying to get them to kill me for my M4. So for sure I turned around and tore his face. I give people a chance, but Im not trying to lose my mk48, my coyote pack, or my AS50!

I must say those that snipe new game are cowards, I've had several players try to snipe me after spawning fresh with nothing but starting gear, the good news is that they were all horrible shots, a simple zig zag was enough enough to throw them off. I would never attack an unarmed player unless I told him to back off and he kept coming.

I must say I find it hilarious how many "bandits" consider unarmed players a serious threat, surely you can't be *that* bad at dayz.

I think everyone sees a bandit as someone who snipes in Elektro or cherno. I think we should call them noobs. My humanity is - 80,000. Am I a bandit?? Yes i use the AS50 and the SVD but i only kill people who are armed and only if they notice me. If your armed but 300m away and you dont see me i won't shoot you. Whats the point? Me shooting would alert others. So what is a Bandit? People need to think about this. Technically were all bandits but some more than others. In the end you dont want to die, but neither do other people. To help people in Elektro i sometimes counter snipe the sniping hill. I have a few people who server hop to get a cheap buzz. I soon end that thou. Killing unarmed people is not a bandit, its a noob.

I did once when I was brand new to the game run along the coast with a hatchet screaming over voice chat "give me all your beanz!" every time I saw a new spawn lol

Well, this escalated quickly.