Sign in to follow this  
Kbman

Transfer my DayZ account from 1 computer to another

So just downloaded the game on my laptop and I am signed into my steam, but for some reason my account is not on the game. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know. Thanks :)

If you are using the exact same Steam account everything should transfer over with no problem.

Your account is based on CD key, so it should match up with your steam account without a problem.

But it doesn't :/ I don't know why. I launch using DayZ Commander, not directly through steam. I went to User Profles and the only thing there was User. Anyone know how to fix this?

Yes I have installed steam and then from my game library installed both Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. And then installed the mod, six launcher and dayz commander and updated the game to 95883 and 1.7.2.5. But when I go into the game the only player there is "User". My accounts seemed to have been reset or just not transferred through computers... I am trying to figure out how I can get my character back since it was fully geared...

The only thing about what I have found in just backing up the player data through computers is that I am 4 hours away from my house where my computer is and I can't just go get it. I don't understand why I wouldn't just have the player data with the CD Key since it was installed through steam. I am trying to figure out what I can do too get my guy back. I mean if it doesn't work I am not going to cry, I just want to play the game. But this computer may not be even be able to play the game very smoothly...

You didn't mention anything about running Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA once. Then your CD-key will be written on registry files and DayZ will recognize it. Just to be sure - launch Steam as administrator.

Key point is that when you launch Arma 2 OA it will write the CD-key into Windows registry and if that doesn't happen you won't have your character.

You didn't mention anything about running Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA once. Then your CD-key will be written on registry files and DayZ will recognize it. Just to be sure - launch Steam as administrator.

Key point is that when you launch Arma 2 OA it will write the CD-key into Windows registry and if that doesn't happen you won't have your character.

I ran both once right before launching them, but didn't run steam as admin. Should I do that then run dayz commander? Because there is no "Run as Administrator" for Arma 2 or Arma 2 OA. Only for steam and then I just launch using steam...

Edited by Kbman

I ran both once right before launching them, but didn't run steam as admin. Should I do that then run dayz commander? Because there is no "Run as Administrator" for Arma 2 or Arma 2 OA. Only for steam and then I just launch using steam...

Yes, try to run steam as an admin, and launch both Arma2 and OA with it, and check if you can see anything in the profiles.

Yes, try to run steam as an admin, and launch both Arma2 and OA with it, and check if you can see anything in the profiles.

I've done that 3 times now. Nothing :/