dstuti7

Strange Behaviour with Vehicles/De-spawn 1.7.2.5 95913

Hi there,

I know this has been raised in other posts, but so far I cannot see any recognition there is an issue, or a resolution (of course the Devs are busy, but so are server admins at present!)

Running on with the following build 1.7.2.5 95913, little background to the situation:

- Helicopter found, repaired and flown back to base while on previous Day Z release

- Battle Eye Script restriction kicks pilot out of chopper, him and other occupants die a horrible death

- Chopper not seen since, server running for around 11 days since 'the accident'

I've read conflicting information on the forums, and other suggestions that we're not supposed to know the dynamics of the loot cycle etc; but the issue is I have a user base that are asking questions around where the helicopter they worked on went to, and I don't have any answers. Is it 7 days? Does the script restriction issue have any bearing on the respawn? The server has of course being restarted a couple of times, does this restart the loot cycle?

The second issue since updating that has been reported is that vehicles are randomly being turned into cycles on a server restart, with the original vehicle back at I can only presume the location it was left before the update, since then people have had long trips back up north to find the vehicle where they started out.

An example of this -

- Riding a motorcycle, crashed into a lake (lol) bike eventually blows up and disappears, this was on previous day z release

- Motorcycle not in original spawn location, nor sited anywhere else on the map, wind forward a week

- Update carried out to 1.7.2.5. Userbase find a Civilian Carrier at the quarry, fix up and take back to Story

- Server restarted this evening with new battle eye scripts.txt, motorbike appears in story next to an Ural that has actually stayed around for a while!

- Civilian carrier reported missing, found later at quarry

- Server restarted on schedule, Ural used to go check for civilian carrier has turned into a cycle bike, and still no helicopter

I can really appreciate that it is all go for the Dev's at the moment, but as mentioned it is for us and I don't know where to turn to. Posts on this forum are clouded with so many different reports that it must be impossible to correlate events I know - but there never seems to be any recognition of an issue from any type of authority.

To date, I have spent more time actually parsing logs, checking for hackers, banning hackers, restarting the server, dealing with questions from my user base that I cannot answer, mitigating skiddie udp floods after a ban, than I have actually playing the game!

I know the mod is in alpha, and server admins appreciate this by dedicating resource & money to provide the data and bug reports needed, but at present there is no information coming back to assist us in trying to get a smooth user experience. I've known of 3 people personally that have stopped playing until the game plays like it did 2 or 3 weeks ago; and these are people that contribute towards the cost of running a server. Without a smooth user experience people will be just reluctant to contribute in a positive manner to the development of the game.

Please can we just have some clarification around what, if anything, we need to do to resolve this?

Edited by tutemwesi
  • Like 1

We have like problems with vehicles too. They are not saving. So when you saved it on the server before it came to 1.7.2.5. Now every restart reset it location to last saved in 1.7.2.4. So it's like vehicle saving is not working anymore. Also some kind of cars are changing. We had a bicycle at the store. After restart it was replaced with motorcycle (da faq ?). Also today, we were driving Skoda, after restart it came up to replace it with fully working (other car gear) Off-road pickup. I don't get it. That update it's the biggest fail. Should I mention, that I get Artifacts ? (Before this patch I even didn't get 1 f.cking artifact) -.-

FAIL UPDATE ;s