darklynx

Hackers, seriously, whats the fucking point?

anonymity = douchebags, no matter how you look at it. anonymity just gives more power to the script kiddies.

"XXX was killed by XXX" messages, despite removing realism and immersion, really need to be re-added. They were removed for these reasons, and yes, as far as realism and immersion, it was a success, but the current state of the mod is alpha, it won't hurt to put it back. Remove it in the stand-alone, put it back into the mod until the game is released please.

"I'm not poor, ergo, poverty doesn't exist."

A better metaphor would have been "I've never seen a poor person, poor people don't exist". Yours was just stupid, irrelevant, and illogical. I obviously know hackers exist, but they aren't a HUGE problem like everyone is making them out to be. Unless me and my friends are just extremely lucky.

A better metaphor would have been "I've never seen a poor person, poor people don't exist". Yours was just stupid, irrelevant, and illogical. I obviously know hackers exist, but they aren't a HUGE problem like everyone is making them out to be. Unless me and my friends are just extremely lucky.

You are extremely lucky, or rarely play on servers with more than 10 people on them. Join a full server and start your stopwatch.

I comsider myself fairly lucky..3 months and i have only had 3 hacks affect my gameplay, 1 of them was our usual vet server and when i joined there was only 1 other person on, so they must getting bored on high pop servers as well. Camping zero pop servers..what a life lol. Still have not been hack killed yet though so yehaah :D Guess i am quicker on the esc-abort than they are on finalising my death.

If people constantly complain about the hacking then perhaps they will get on it. Im pretty sure if they cant figure it out on this version then its going to be the same on the stand alone, either that or people just wont bother giving it a go.

I kind of see the hacking like smoking, seriously, whats the point, it was cool pre 90's but now you just stink. Its not like they are doing anything interesting like changing the zombies to teletubies or making the blood splats look like paint.

I kinda get "hacking" in gear for yourself, I mean, it completely ruins the point of the game, but at least you only get somewhat of an advantage over other players. Instakilling an entire server on the other hand, is it fun? I don't see the entertainment value.

Well without sidechat, which majority of servers are, the hacker has no way to enjoy mass killing the whole server - except evidently to go to the forums

I cant imagine why mass murder is popular in this and other games. Back in my day if you wanted to troll you could do it easily without hacking. i remember swat 4. for some time i amused myself tazering friendlies at the start of a map. sometimes i could hold 10 friendlies down at once for several minutes. heaps of satisfaction via VOIP/chat. in the end would get kicked or banned. then move on. in battlefield 2 it was a fucking riot to get some friends in a helicopter and smash into friendly tanks at a certain angle to get the tank driver banned for TKs.

so consider dayz, a game where it is so fucking easy to troll someone in game without cheats. you could offer a noob help and show him the way deep into a forest then shoot his legs out and be a nasty bastard on VOIP. but no, these fagtards have to dl hacks to get a insta kill? whats wrong with todays trolls? no imagination? i figure its because their PCs fucking suck. they cant enjoy the game properly, even trolling ingame, so they resort to hax