Sign in to follow this  
Annual

Include radios

Not sure why they aren't included in the mod already, but they should be. Radios would add a new aspect to survival, being able to talk talk to survivors before you meet them, being able to determine through conversation whether a player is friendly or not long before you have to put yourself at risk. Of course, there are a limited number of channels, so bandits could easily be listening in and prepare an ambush at your designated meet location, or if they are nearby they will hear you outright. This also eliminates the time consuming need to add people on Skype which will still happen I am sure, but at least we will have a good RP explanation of how teams and friends are able to communicate and coordinate efforts over long distances.

Radios could be made about as common as Coyote Backpacks and while initially for the sake of getting them in game as quickly as possible the battery will be infinite, later a limited lifespan of 4-8 hours of active talk would mean you have to find more batteries (maybe radio would work by requiring you have them in your active inventory, meaning less room for ammo).

Anyways, just an idea I started thinking bout at work, let me know what you guys think.

• Like 1

there already is radios in the mod, soldier zeds sometimes drops em' :) they're just useless for now, will get a purpose soon i believe :)

there already is radios in the mod, soldier zeds sometimes drops em' :) they're just useless for now, will get a purpose soon i believe :)

you can go to green mauntain with them and listen to the radio boradcast every hour, on the hour :D