malice42

Filming Server - Crew Only

Bashur's "team" gets their own private server, blatantly listing it as such?

How come some rules apply to everyone but them? They are also on record as threatening to ban people for killing them as they stream.

As far as I know, no one is allowed to have a private server. At the least I don't think so?

I can be entirely wrong but it would seem unfair if true, but we have no proof that the developers allow it.

Take a look at the server list yourself, its there plain as day.

2urvxw1.jpg

I can also point out the recordings where they are discussing banning people that kill them while watching their stream (directly against what Rocket said is allowed.)

I have no control over servers' date=' but I'll see if I can talk some sense.

Edit: Can I have a full server name?

[/quote']

Edited in a screencap, probably as you were typing this. That all you need?

I've heard this from more than a few people actually, and it's been going on off, and on now for a little while. I'm pretty sure it's been brought up before.

I find it a little unfair that Bashur can do that, while ALL of the other server hosts, who are the ones financially AND LEGALLY responsibly for their servers, can't even ban users from there own servers.

Chicago 13 has it's own public TeamSpeak 3 Server. Due to legal privacy guidelines that AS A COMPANY(I host everything under my own LLC) I am LEGALLY responsible to follow, I must display an EuP, Privacy Policy, and ToS in my Teamspeak. All of these combined policy's protect the players privacy while using the Teamspeak server. This includes channel Spying IF they are in a passworded channel, and their names are NOT on the access list(This is just a written list in the description of the channel). If either the passworded condition OR the access list condition are not met by the channel, then that policy isn't valid, and channel spying is allowed. Now if a user does violate that policy, and somehow gains access to that channel without being allowed in, I am legally required to drop all connections that user makes to my servers. I host out of a datacenter, where I run all of my own equipment. So when I stop accepting packets of data from a user, I do this at the firewall level. This in-turn forces all of my servers to stop receiving and sending data with that user... including my DayZ servers. If I do not do this, and someone makes a big enough fuss about it, My service contracts can be terminated.

I know atleast two other server hosts here who are in that same position. There are most likely more who are, and just haven't said anything, or who don't know they are. The DayZ team in the past, has said that banning people even in that way is against the rules and our server can be blacklisted for that. So is the DayZ Dev team saying that if we, as the servers hosts, who are financially and legally responsible for our servers, take actions legally required of us to protect someones privacy while connected to our services, we'll be black listed for that?

Yet Bashur can ban everyone from their server who makes their streaming movie look bad?

So if I'm reading right, you would firewall someone off of your own box, which in turn would block him (Not ban him) from the DayZ server? This would be a legitimate reason and I don't see why anyone would prevent you from doing that, if they did then it would spark quite the issues now wouldn't it?

There was another server filming "dayz news"

Apart from acting like dicks, I really don't see an issue with this.

I will look into it at somepoint sorry guys just massively busy with E3 will get to it as soon as soon as possible could be a while however sorry

So if I'm reading right' date=' you would [b']firewall someone off of your own box, which in turn would block him (Not ban him) from the DayZ server? This would be a legitimate reason and I don't see why anyone would prevent you from doing that, if they did then it would spark quite the issues now wouldn't it?

This is precisely what I was told -- that violating the EULA, TOS, and Privacy Policies from my publicly accessible TeamSpeak 3 server did not permit me from preventing users in flagrant breach of the covenant from accessing my chattel property.

(Read: I couldn't ban people for breaking company rules, despite the company rules very clearly telling them that abuse of the terms would result in the server being rendered permanently inaccessible.)

This very reason was why I stopped hosting a DayZ server and why I've consequently turned away all the people (hosts and players alike) having problems and asking for my help, it was far, far too overreaching in what the DevTeam thinks they can do with hosts. Now I'm being told that it isn't even true.

Is there ever going to be any official word on this?

heh, and I was told running 25 player minimum was a rule. look at that, its running 10 slots.

standards much? if your going to shut down people and run the servers as you want you have to actually do it. not get too involved with "E3" to do admin work.

you have hundreds of server admins with their own hands tied unable to admin their own servers properly and... your too busy?

this. is a problem.

plus if they want to film in dayz it takes about 5 seconds to make the dayz single player mod work over lan... just saying. i mean you do not care about saving your stats if your filming so it would work perfectly.

I already know of about 20 servers that run local dayz for this kind of thing. all they do is block the arma2 list servers using firewall and direct connect via IP

I already know of about 20 servers that run local dayz for this kind of thing. all they do is block the arma2 list servers using firewall and direct connect via IP

If these servers are still connected to hive then that's blatant cheating of the system. It's the same as locking a 10 slot server with only friends inside. Except they're hiding from the public.

Is this the server they film the youtube show on?

Because if so that means everything they do on there is horribly scripted and shouldn't be allowed. Not only does it not portray the game correctly but unless they have seperate cdkeys for playing publicly.....

I saw that earlier this morning, and for some time it was only one person in there, until another person joined him. That sounds really suspicious to me, but either way, no private servers should mean no private servers.

Also saw another passworded server labeled as DayZ Premium Server, with a bit of Cyrillic at the end. Can anyone back me up on this?

from what ive seen the 20 ones i know about only one is using a local database hack of some kind. and is broken as hell.

im talking about using the singleplayer mod of dayz for filming stuff. you can make that one work multiplayer with a tiny bit of scripting. just does not save when you leave. so good for single play sessions, if you quit and come back you start from 0 again. plus you can easily enough edit the mod its self to change starting weapon loadouts ect. using singleplayer mod. so making movies is pretty easy.

not that I would. im too lazy.

any mod where you change the core game stuff though generally would not be hooked up to the main database because its not signed or on the white list.

but yeah to be honest. its not like its a big deal, when this goes to release. what are the chances they wont wipe the databases clean anyway? maintaining integrity through each update with changed stuff must make a crapton of work for rocket as it is.

however. it would be quite easy for server owners to mess with the database as it is, which is why there are so many controls on who does what to each server.

which is why a locked 10 man server is a bad sign for database integrity/non cheaty ness.

From my understanding there is no such thing as a "local" mode.

If they managed to get a local mode running they do it in violation with the server hosting agreement they have with the dayZ team.

Seriously is ANYONE is going to yank those moron's database access?

As an example of what to do to get your server banned.

local mode: no

Invisible servers: possibly (you have to know Ip addresses and the devs could stop them just by making sure the sanctioned servers are running and visible)

Local hacked servers (eg ones running a homebrew database) ive only seen one and it was running 1.5.6 still and was broken as anything with no one on it. think he was testing it.

a locally run server does not require the dayz devs permssion as it requires no database access, the only thing the developers really control.

I doubt it will be possible for long the database is pretty well integrated into most of the mod.

singleplayer modded servers designed using the singleplayer mod to allow non database reliant servers. there are a few already. only they are hacky and do not save location/inventory.

best option is running vanilla dayz on official servers. but there are options. longer the mod is out, more there will be. depends how determined people are to have thier own way really.

local mode: no

Invisible servers: possibly (you have to know Ip addresses and the devs could stop them just by making sure the sanctioned servers are running and visible)

Local hacked servers (eg ones running a homebrew database) ive only seen one and it was running 1.5.6 still and was broken as anything with no one on it. think he was testing it.

a locally run server does not require the dayz devs permssion as it requires no database access' date=' the only thing the developers really control.

I doubt it will be possible for long the database is pretty well integrated into most of the mod.

singleplayer modded servers designed using the singleplayer mod to allow non database reliant servers. there are a few already. only they are hacky and do not save location/inventory.

best option is running vanilla dayz on official servers. but there are options. longer the mod is out, more there will be. depends how determined people are to have thier own way really.

[/quote']

Sure there is no way ton "enforce" it, but you think they get the server files through magic? I don't see any public link for it.

Seriously i am grateful for admins to host servers for the community, but i've no tolerance for rogue server admins who deserve all the flack they get.

Then you wonder why EA is gone full bore with not releasing server files to anyone but "trusted partners".

you do not need the server files to run a modded server. all you need is the mod files and a mission that can tell the mod what it needs to know in order to authenticate players when they join.

the server files are all for running the database software.

I wont link one as the last link to it got removed so im fairly sure id get jumped on if i did.

also authed servers are better anyway. uptodate and save your character. whats not to like?