Sign in to follow this  
austendude

Loot farming?

I'm not new to DayZ, but i have never really understood when and if loot spawns. If i were with a buddy in let's say..... the barracks, and we stood our ground there for like 30 min., would loot spawn there even if we already looted the place? Or do we have to leave the barracks, go away for like 30 min and come back?

I'm not new to DayZ, but i have never really understood when and if loot spawns. If i were with a buddy in let's say..... the barracks, and we stood our ground there for like 30 min., would loot spawn there even if we already looted the place? Or do we have to leave the barracks, go away for like 30 min and come back?

Loot only spawns in empty spots, to get the best farm you need to lock down an area and continually empty it, like, into a tent array. Not sure how fast crap respawns though.

Easier to go North and rob peoples camps.

i do really hate douche bags who die because they are noobs and then go look for other peoples gear , but hey what can yah do ?! i stopped making camps for that reason!

i do really hate douche bags who die because they are noobs and then go look for other peoples gear , but hey what can yah do ?! i stopped making camps for that reason!

I have good gear, I squash tents out of spite. :)

• Like 1

Usually the loot areas take awhile for new loot to re-spawn. Just check around other buildings instead of the same ones. Most of the cities have multiple buildings you can go into and find ammo, guns, etc.

Or you could just server hop in the hope of finding something better.

Not sure how fast crap respawns though.

it takes about 15 minutes to respawn.

there still are some untested side effects, like if the one who activated the loot first time is going out of reach,

f.e. overwatch position, and then gets back within reach while other players are also within reach,

loot cycle seems to get messed up and you have to restart the operation.

absolutely no clue how mechanics work on this part. we shall find out next time we camp a hotspot =)

edit:

but honestly, like someone said before, if you are just out for the loot,

and not for possible pvp, you'd better of look for tents on a high pop server.

best get a helicopter, so easy to spot tents from the sky.

Edited by Azrail