sparta436

How much would YOU pay for DayZ standalone and Why?

151 members have voted

1. 1. How much would YOU pay for the DayZ standalone (finished Product)?

• $10-$20 US
    • $20-$30 US
    • $30-$40 US
    • $40-$50 US
    • $50-$60 US
    • Whatever it takes to make DayZ the best damn game it can possibly be!
    • I KEEP THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!?!
  2. 2. How much would YOU pay for the DayZ Standalone Beta?

• $10-$20 US
    • $20-$30 US
    • $30-$40 US
    • $40-$50 US
    • $50-$60 US
  3. 3. How much would YOU pay for the DayZ Standalone Alpha?

• $10-$20 US
    • $20-$30 US
    • $30-$40 US
    • $40-$50 US
    • $50-$60 US

Not sure why people are posting prices for alpha and beta access. If this is used to help development, and those costs go towards the cost of the final product, fine. But if you have to buy access individually, making the cost stack, then I will wait for the final release and not pay anything higher than $60.

Well i didnt play minecraft, but i think the way it worked was that if you bought the beta or the alpha for its original price, you get the final game for free. Seeing the amount of copies of ArmA that DayZ has sold for BI, i dont think they'll need any more help paying for the development of the alpha and beta and that the sales from those two will pay for the rest of the development. As long as they come out with the triple A zombie survival title that i hope they will, i will pay anything they want.

I think since (even though I dont agree with the kids) a lot of players here have bought arma II MAINLY for dayz (ive been playing custom maps whole week).

The alpha should be $20 USD if you can provide proof of purchase for arma II.

Otherwise:

$30 Alpha

$45 Beta

$60 Release

Hmmm not a bad idea at all. I just think that the kiddies that are like "OMGWTFBBQ I BOUGHT ARMA FOR DAYZ I WANT IT FOR FREE" are asking for a bit much. BI is a business ffs, people tend to forget that.

it depends on what it will offer

but never 70$ that's crazy

max 50€

50€ converts to roughly $80 USD....

• Like 2

0$ unless he doesn't use battleye. I'm not paying more $ just to get raped by hackers.

50€ converts to roughly $80 USD....

WHOA

forget that man, try 35 euros

Just googled it. 50 euro= 61.666 US dollars, something i'd be fine with paying for the final product.

Edited by sparta436

At most for alpha I would pay 20-25 $ just because I feel it is worth that much and whoever does buy it early should get it free when it is finished just like minecraft.

Beta should be 30-35$

Final should range between 40-60$ and any expansions should be free for people who purchased the alpha.

WHOA

forget that man, try 35 euros

Just googled it. 50 euro= 61.666 US dollars, something i'd be fine with paying for the final product.

€ is British Pounds, not Euros...................

Some people just don't understand that DayZ started as a mod for Arma 2. It doesn't matter the majority of us bought it for DayZ alone. We are not entitled to shit because of it. Get rid of that childish mentality and grow up, possibly get a job as well.

I'd pay up to 60 EUR for the standalone.

• Like 2

€ is British Pounds, not Euros...................

My fault, I'm an ignorant 'Merican that doesn't know his ****

Some people just don't understand that DayZ started as a mod for Arma 2. It doesn't matter the majority of us bought it for DayZ alone. We are not entitled to shit because of it. Get rid of that childish mentality and grow up, possibly get a job as well.

I'd pay up to 60 EUR for the standalone.

^THIS

Everyone read and understand what this man is saying.

This will now be part of the OP.

• Like 1

I would pay $15. Would say that's a fair price.

I just keep throwing my money at the screen, but nothing seems to be happening,

On a for real note,

$15 if the standalone releases with nothing but functioning zombies and players shooting players. Essentially Call of Zombiefield 8

$30 if the standalone releases with all of the current DayZ functions, but without good deal of the engine related bugs we have now

$40 if the standalone releases with more survival mechanics than we currently have

Now if the standalone alpha releases with underground bases already implemented, I may as well just give them my bank account info, because i probably won't be needing any of my money for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

I'd be pay any amount as long as the game development and support continues and improves. If I can put 500 hours into the standalone game paying $50 is only 10 cents of enjoyment per hour well worth it in comparison to other forms of entertainment

If there was say a VIP package where you get a bunch of bonus shit including a t-shirt, a map, some other useless crap like stickers and hit and of course a voucher for some beans at the local super market I would easily pay $150 - $200 for that kind of set.

Of course for the no frills game download I would pay $60. A retail physical copy I'd bump that up to $10

• Like 2

If there was say a VIP package where you get a bunch of bonus shit including a t-shirt, a map, some other useless crap like stickers and hit and of course a voucher for some beans at the local super market I would easily pay $150 - $200 for that kind of set.

Thats an insta-buy for me. I just hope rocket gets to see some of the money

• Like 1

I`d pay whatever they want.. this game has so much potential that I dont want it to falter due to finances.

Easily 50Euro for a product that is slightly better than what we have now.. and easily 100-200Euro for a superb product.. If I can waste all my spare time in a game I can easily justify hundreds of dollars/euros spent making the game perfect....

As long as the game is as hard or harder than it is today, and uses the same realism model (or ArmA 3 engine) im happy...

:)

• Like 1

I'm not opening my wallet until the standalone is more than a few vague promises in a reddit thread.

• Like 1

I`d pay whatever they want.. this game has so much potential that I dont want it to falter due to finances.

Easily 50Euro for a product that is slightly better than what we have now.. and easily 100-200Euro for a superb product.. If I can waste all my spare time in a game I can easily justify hundreds of dollars/euros spent making the game perfect....

As long as the game is as hard or harder than it is today, and uses the same realism model (or ArmA 3 engine) im happy...

:)

My thoughts exactly bro!

The main deciding factor for me will be base building/endgame content for groups. I hope they realize that the potential for this game lies in the hardcore sandbox angle, attracting guilds, clans and communities here for PvP action amidst zombie survival. But this hinges on that content.

0$ unless he doesn't use battleye. I'm not paying more $ just to get raped by hackers.

Battleye isn't really the problem when it comes to cheat scripts. Things like punkbuster would be even more fail when it comes to that. Im guessing since there be no need to have client editor and mod support in dayz standalone that maybe client scripting would be disabled so dayz would be like most other games that don't support scripting and then would only have to worry about memory hacks.

Atleast thats what i hope then id gladly pay up to £40

$30 for alpha.

$40 for beta.

$60 for full release.

The reason for the $20 jump from beta to full release is because the beta will obviously not be finished, and will have many bugs. It is still in the testing phase, thus should be cheaper for the public to test.

Side note: For anybody who's dissatisfied with the current DayZ mod, you shouldn't be. This is a testing phase of the game. It will not be perfect until the final release, which still may not be an absolute flawless game.