Sign in to follow this  
EchoJuliet

Account Takeover?

The other day I logged out while on the roof of the hospital in Berezino. I had joined a server and noticed there was a player with a blank name, just his ping, so I figured I wouldn't take the chance and hit alt-f4 while the server was still loading.

Today I logged in, and my character is on the other side of the coast in Komarovo. On my map there were a bunch of markers placed that I didn't put there. Thankfully whoever was on my account didn't get me killed.

Is it possible that someone hacked and gained access to my account? I'm the only person in the house on this computer and that plays DayZ, so it wasn't someone else using my computer. If it was someone else on my account, how can I stop them from doing it again? Thanks.

-Echo

no you were not hacked. Take a look in the forums and you'll see this has happened to many.

getting stuck at loading and alt+f4'ing = spawning at the coast.

no you were not hacked. Take a look in the forums and you'll see this has happened to many.

getting stuck at loading and alt+f4'ing = spawning at the coast.

What about the markers that were placed all over my map? They were for locations along the coast like firehouses, bike spawn, stuff like that.

What about the markers that were placed all over my map? They were for locations along the coast like firehouses, bike spawn, stuff like that.

Maybe you got hacked by a nice hacker, who wanted to point out some important things on your map for you :). Didn't get you killed, didn't take your gear, just marked your map a little for ya.

Edited by Frunk

If u put markers on the map everyone on the server can see em and vice versa. Don't mark important spots like camp locations or vehicles your trying to fix bad things happen lol

If u put markers on the map everyone on the server can see em and vice versa. Don't mark important spots like camp locations or vehicles your trying to fix bad things happen lol

Hmm I never know maps worked that way. Good to know. Thanks.

Maybe you got hacked by a nice hacker, who wanted to point out some important things on your map for you :). Didn't get you killed, didn't take your gear, just marked your map a little for ya.

Why can't more hackers be like that? lol

ehhh bud... you must be new and all but do some research first

1) you alt f4 and rejoined too early=coast spawn with all items

2) maps are server sided, any player can place a marker on "your" map if they are on the same server

No hackers involved there - if you get stuck loading or Alt F4 you kinda hang in debug plains, then the next server "rescues" you and puts you back on the coast.

I am guessing it's a fix with the latest version to fix people ending up in debug plains, which is great, unfortunatly the downside is you get stuck loading for 20 minutes, close down your game through task manger Alt F4 or other "un-natural" way - the next server you end up in you are back on the coast.

The map markers are on that server - anyone double clicking the map can make them and everyone can see them.