Sign in to follow this  
Blockiest Sphere

Low FPS

Hello, I recently installed Arma II: CO on my iMac via Boot Camp, and my frame rate is way below expected (20-25 on minimum settings). I'm really a noob at determining the quality of the parts of the computer, so could anyone help me out?

System:

• Intel Core 2Duo E7600 (3.06GHz)
  • 8g RAM
  • DirectX 11
  • NVIDIA GeForce 9400

Could anyone help identify the problem?

• Like 1

I recently installed Arma II: CO on my iMac

This for a start!! But I don't want to jump on that topic...

Your CPU isn't great. Arma is a very CPU intensive game, rather than GPU, so thats one area thats going to hold you back. The other is your connection. If your connections crap, and can't handle a bunch of data coming through at once, then your going to struggle for performance. However, like the two posts above, the GPU won't exactly help.

Basically the way that I have myself setup for max performance is have my screen resolution set to the actual resolution of the screen, 3D resolution set to 100% (this will fix the blurriness of the game), and then have everything else on the lowest settings or off. Although I leave video memory on default for fixing the graphics glitches. Putting your 3D resolution will put your graphics preset to 'High', but just go into the advanced and put everything else down.

Do also however note that the amount of players, zombies and general crap like loot, dead bodies (both player and zombies) and any barbed wire or traps, will lower your performance. Servers that have just been reset, and had all this stuff wiped will run a lot better than ones that have been full for a good 10 hours plus.