zombiejun

did nobody really use their guns before they got infected?

Okay so basically; we all find weapons very often in this game, but the ammonition lying next to it is always "new" - they haven't been used.

i mean, it would be quite common to see some ammonition that had been sued, if someone had a rifle, i do not think they would just leave their life without a fight against the zeds :s

so i think when finding ammo next to its weapon, atleast one of the mags should have been used atleast 1 - 3 shots..

i really did try n' look through the forums to see if anything similar had been discussed, but i didn't find anything :)

so opinions? :-)

Half mags would have a cool feel to it. i think they just havnt gotten around to working that out yet. they are still trying to fix some of the weapon ammo duping thats going on. I.E. firing all but the last bullet then logging out and its full. i also wonder why zeds carry coke/pepsi cans. Its not normally something i keep in my pocket.

Military precision rifles on civilian deer stands.

Military ghillie suits in grandma's closet.

Endless running that makes the Iron Man look like a newbie.

Zombies that suddenly "pop up" whenever you get close to a building.

Sorry to break it to you, but if you're looking for realistic gameplay, you'll have to look somewhere else! :(

I guess they just have more important stuff to worry about at the moment.

Your probably right about having half empty clip, but considering they've only just managed to fix the magic ammo I'm happy with how it is now.

Yeah, it would be very realistic if you found a weapon without magazines/clips or with just a few bullets/rounds left.

So I vote to this idea!

But (there's always a "but"), I'm not sure if it's easy to build in... since it means it needs to spawn the mags/clips with random bullets/rounds and store that at the server, untill someone picks them up.

It's possible, although I'm not sure if the perfomance loss is worth more than the extra dimension of survival.

OP: Very nice idea.

You never know what she used that for, maybe sneak around touching younger men or stealing coffee and old bread at the grocery store :)

Partial mags are all well and good, but with the item ID being what it is, it seems that it's tough to track the contents of all mags at all times on the server side. Hence the magic reload on logging. I think I've been using the same MP5SD mag in my PDW for like 120 shots, because I never use more than twelve or sixteen per play session.

And I don't want to be saddled with a bunch of partials until I have a way to combine them. I hate having three 1911 mags with two shots each in them and not being able to pop the cartridges into one box. I know you can convert them back and forth to revolver ammo and refill all three, but there is immersion to think of here.

also there should be no items regenerating in supermakets, clearly in real life once a store had been looted it would just be an empty building, and please only limited amounts of gas in the gas stations as there would be no more deliveries if this was real life. there should be no items left in the game shortly and there will be only hunting / refilling at the lake this needs to be as real as possible

and please only limited amounts of gas in the gas stations as there would be no more deliveries if this was real life. there should be no items left in the game shortly and there will be only hunting / refilling at the lake this needs to be as real as possible

Well I agree limited amounts of fuel but I kinda think that it has that feel already. All the gas stations are dry.... and common fuel points. Its only the large 10 000 gallon type containers that hold fuel anymore (IE just like in real life you would have empty supermarkets.... but still have lots of food at grocery distribution supply points (food warehouses)

You're assuming the guns you find have been used by someone to make a last stand. If people got infected and just wandered out of their houses looking for brains then I would imagine you would find weapons put away in the unloaded state with the mags full.

Military precision rifles on civilian deer stands.

Endless running that makes the Iron Man look like a newbie.

Zombies that suddenly "pop up" whenever you get close to a building.

Sorry to break it to you, but if you're looking for realistic gameplay, you'll have to look somewhere else! :(

Guns and gear in odd places? Yeah it's not like civilization fell or anything. As for us running like we do just assume that we too are infected. After all would normal humans be as agressive as all of us seem to be?

I like to imagine that a secret government super-soldier project went awry, and the retrovirus that made people super strong and super fast with Wolverine-style regeneration mutated into the zombie plague. The test subjects themselves, of course, were deemed too unstable, too psychotic, too mentally unstable for deployment, and all the battle clones were cryogenically frozen on board a research vessel off the coast of Chernarus. When Day Z came and infrastructure failed, they started to thaw out, one by one, and wash ashore where their battle conditioning and survival instincts kicked in and the started roaming the countryside, gathering equipment and devouring the wildlife and beating the crap out of each other for no good reason.

It explains how morphine heals broken bones and a steak regenerates all your blood and a bandage is enough to take care of a sucking chest wound, as well as covering why we can run forever and hydrate with Pepsi and don't think twice about murdering the crud out of each other whenever the opportunity arises.