Sign in to follow this  
FreezyTouch

FN P90 added to the game

I would love to see the FN P90 added to the game.

p90_std_lir_d.png

We allready got two FN weapons ingame and the P90 would be an awesome addition to the repertoir of SMGs you can get.

Also would be nice to see an SMG with a scope AND possibly silenced. Ofc it would have to be VERY RARE. Heli crash sites only and a low drop rate or so.

Would fit perfectly and give us a viable SMG that can keep up with the assault and sniper rifles that you can get from heli crash sites allready.

• Like 2

More guns full stop. The more variety the better.

However with the P90 it would be a bit of a curse as the the ammo and mags are very specific. As it's a PDW it should only be available from downed choppers or heavy armor wrecks, basically anywhere where the military logistics people would have been.

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

I'd love to see less guns.

We don't need this mod feeling more like modern warfare deathmatch.

• Like 3

So i'm asking again... What does the P90 add to the game, beside the cool factor?

Rocket can't just add everyone's favourite guns.

I don't see why they dont just add more of the Arma 2 guns into DayZ. the more variety the better. I don't get why some people are intolerant of adding a variety. do you get off from seeing the same Ak's M4's and snipers all the time?

• Like 3

So i'm asking again... What does the P90 add to the game, beside the cool factor?

You could make it an ultra rare sidearm only found at heli crashs.

Basicly an alround better PDW.

As a primary no. But I would love to see it as secondary.

I don't see why they dont just add more of the Arma 2 guns into DayZ. the more variety the better. I don't get why some people are intolerant of adding a variety. do you get off from seeing the same Ak's M4's and snipers all the time?

Exactly, couldnt say it better myself.

PS/off topic if you are still looking for a clan or group to play Day Z with check out our community website (details in my sig). Got loads of Day Z players on our TS3 server at all hours of the day.

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

Ok

PLEASE read before you ask...i allready wrote in my opening post, that it would add an SMG with a skope meaning an SMG with just a tiny little bit more effective range, which would be awesome. Cause now SMGs are a little useless compared to assault rifles like the M4A1 CCO and the silenced version of it. Giving us a weapon with less power than assault rifles but silenced and a little less range with equal or higher rarity would improve the game in my opinion.

I'd love to see less guns.

We don't need this mod feeling more like modern warfare deathmatch.

You are right...this isn't a modern warfare deathmatch but a survival warfare deathmatch. Watch dayzmod.com and take a closer look at the mainpage. It sais 1.Scavange 2.Slay 3.Survive. So the creator of this mod himself gave us three things at hand, one of which being SLAYING STUFF!! Oh wait....in order to do that we need and get the weapons we actually would be able to get in a real situation. In my opinion they can add all the weapons in the world when they enlarge the map accordingly.

We got a massive map and we shall have all the weapons we can get (that add the game some feature and variety).

Would be very rare just like i said. And the ammo too, as the mags in reality contain 50 bullets and when you got 50 shots on a silent weapon with decent range you have to give it a drawback....in this case:

Rarity of the weapon itself and its ammo. Somewhat like the Bizon. =)

Edited by FreezyTouch

Ok

PLEASE read before you ask...i allready wrote in my opening post, that it would add an SMG with a skope meaning an SMG with just a tiny little bit more effective range, which would be awesome. Cause now SMGs are a little useless compared to assault rifles like the M4A1 CCO and the silenced version of it. Giving us a weapon with less power than assault rifles but silenced and a little less range with equal or higher rarity would improve the game in my opinion.

You are right...this isn't a modern warfare deathmatch but a survival warfare deathmatch. Watch dayzmod.com and take a closer look at the mainpage. It sais 1.Scavange 2.Slay 3.Survive. So the creator of this mod himself gave us three things at hand, one of which being SLAYING STUFF!! Oh wait....in order to do that we need and get the weapons we actually would be able to get in a real situation. In my opinion they can add all the weapons in the world when they enlarge the map accordingly.

We got a massive map and we shall have all the weapons we can get (that add the game some feature and variety).

Would be very rare just like i said. And the ammo too, as the mags in reality contain 50 bullets and when you got 50 shots on a silent weapon with decent range you have to give it a drawback....in this case:

Rarity of the weapon itself and its ammo. Somewhat like the Bizon. =)

I am sick of you idiots begging rocket to add your favourite weapons in DayZ, and i dont even think its in arma 2 so therefor cannot be used in DayZ. Unless you want to do all the designing and scripting for them, even then there is no need for it. Just because its in cod doesnt meen it should be in DayZ.

I am all for more variety in weapons and would love to see UMP45 (SD), some semi auto shotguns, G36...blablabla

On the other hand I want veriety but much less comon rifles, they should be very rare on their own and ppl should run around with pistols at best. However if you do find rare rifle I want UMP45 or find me some G36

Why would anyone use a submachine gun? An assault rifle has more range, is more accurate and does more damage, and having a compact weapon is of no use in current ArmA.

Yeah, not a lot of call for a P90 in DayZ. After all, the cartridge isn't great, the proprietary mags would be a bugger to find and the smaller gun wouldn't be good at range. It'd be like a Bizon without a suppressor. No, thanks.

You'd got the Bizon and a micro Uzi, the P90 would be redundant. And as others have mentioned, more military hardware with PvP-only applications will shift the focus of the game toward deathmatching.

i could see use for short smgs like mp5k if it's actually reflected in how the weapon is much better to handle inside buildings than the other rifles, since this is the main advantage of submachineguns (short and easy to use inside buildings).

No, thank you. I agree that more variety in weapons would be nice but we definitely don't need more weapons that have no business in this game world (like the one you have suggested). How about a Skorpion submachine gun instead? That would make much more sense then the P90 for this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0korpion_vz._61

Looool.

All those haters...

Its not my favorite gun. I got no favorite gun cause i NEVER EVER played ANY ego shooter games in my whole life. I played some GTA and i cant remember the P90 being in any of the GTA series. Other than that, the only weapons i used were some bows, axes and stuff in games and a rapier in real life.

I would love the P90 to be in this game, because i would love to see a viable SMG. A weapon with a scope, that is silenced (and YES this weapon CAN be silenced just like almost ANY other weapon can) and got little recoil for a drawback of being very rare and having not so high range. As other people allready stated: SMGs are pretty much useless compared to assault rifles but for some reason they are a lot less often found.

I dont see where the fucking PDW is matters in this discussion and i dont really remember the Bizon having a scope....

So this weapon would definitely ADD something to the game. IF you "more-weapons-haters" like it or not.

If you want this to be a pure survival game, which it CLEARLY IS NOT, as i stated above allready (and again, you can all read yourself on the mainpage of the website of this game), you could just aswell remove all weapons except one gun of each class and run around picking up cans of food and soda. Other people actually enjoy ALL the aspects of this game, INCLUDING shooting infected people aswell as players. Yes this is warfare. And yes, you want to survive and kill the rest of those hostile beings, which makes this game kind of a deathmatch. If you dont like it, go create your own mod and make it a player versus enviroment only game.

PLEASE!! Would you people take the game for what it is and stop complaining about others doing so.

If ANYONE here got a reason for not implementing that weapon in a future standalone version (where it doesnt matter if you got the stupid model in Arma or not), PLEASE say it and I will happily consider it and discuss it. If not....just go shout out your hate for this idea in the hating forum. Oh wait...there is none. -.-

EDIT:

No, thank you. I agree that more variety in weapons would be nice but we definitely don't need more weapons that have no business in this game world (like the one you have suggested). How about a Skorpion submachine gun instead? That would make much more sense then the P90 for this game.

http://en.wikipedia....Škorpion_vz._61

Yeah...you are right....a personal defence weapon used on supply forces and many more is definitely NOTHING someone would like to use to DEFEND HIMSELF against a pack of infected zombielike people.....see what i did there? (hint: sarcasm)

On the other side, your Skorpion looks kinda like a Semi-automatic UZI....its used like a pistol, so i guess it would take the sidearm slot too, so this actually CAN be compared to the PDW...i dont really see anything new this weapon would add to the game....except for the different looking model of cause. Could be little more precise than the PDW and not be silenced but more commonly found...

But...on the other hand there allready are 7 sidearms that cover almost everything a sidearm can offer. (unlike the actual primary weapon SMGs, which we only got three of)

Edited by FreezyTouch

Makes sense for me even if its not that important. Its a fun factor and fun is important.

And even if this is realistic blubblub the army has enough outposts so that it would make sense because even thouhg

its in russia i believe that somewhere was said that for example the chrash sites were those of

british choppers.But imo there are more important things like other pistols or a better balancing(wtf makarow?its not a Softair!)

I like the idea of generally more weapons but its further down the list.

If you want this to be a pure survival game, which it CLEARLY IS NOT, as i stated above allready (and again, you can all read yourself on the mainpage of the website of this game), you could just aswell remove all weapons except one gun of each class and run around picking up cans of food and soda. Other people actually enjoy ALL the aspects of this game, INCLUDING shooting infected people aswell as players. Yes this is warfare. And yes, you want to survive and kill the rest of those hostile beings, which makes this game kind of a deathmatch. If you dont like it, go create your own mod and make it a player versus enviroment only game.

PLEASE!! Would you people take the game for what it is and stop complaining about others doing so.

The thing is many of us don't want the game to move FURTHER in the wrong direction by making it more of a senseless death match (there are PLENTY of games that do that already). As it stands now, the survival aspects of the game are very subdued and so the game has become much more about deathmatching. There are many reasons for this, not the least of which is the over abundance of high end military gear. I'm not saying we need to make the game all about eating food and finding medical supplies but we definitely need to strike a balance that provides the most open ended experience to the players.

If ANYONE here got a reason for not implementing that weapon in a future standalone version (where it doesnt matter if you got the stupid model in Arma or not), PLEASE say it and I will happily consider it and discuss it. If not....just go shout out your hate for this idea in the hating forum. Oh wait...there is none. -.-

I'll repost what I said since you seem to have skipped over it:

http://en.wikipedia....Škorpion_vz._61

Skorpion's clearly a better choice, but I'd never use it. Too much Klobb stigma.

And take a breath, Freezy.

Here are my main reasons for not liking the P90 for DayZ:

From a technical standpoint, it's not in Arma 2 or Operation Arrowhead, so it'd have to be shoehorned in like the crowbar was.

In terms of gameplay, it would require a totally new and proprietary magazine and cartridge, since nothing else uses the 5.7mm round except the Five-Seven. That means it would be in the same category as the FAL and Bizon and SVD. Unlike the FAL and SVD, though, the rinky-dink P90 would be a weak weapon with low range that wouldn't be recommended for anything except collecting, and would add virtually nothing to PvZ or PvP.

Aesthetically, the P90 is a very modern, very fancy gun. We don't really have a precedent for that sort of thing in DayZ. Of the guns we have, I think only the Mk. 48 Mod 0 was developed more recently than the P90 (correct me if I'm wrong), and its design is similar to the M249 of 1974, making it look less like a ray gun than the P90 would in this context. I like fighting zombies with Cold War-era armament, it feels good to me. If you're putting the P90 in, why not add in all the G36 and Mk16 variants, too? XM8s are good, as is the M110. And don't get me started on vehicles.

Additional content, added solely for the sake of diversity and vanity items that do not contribute meaningfully to the gameplay can bog down the mod. I like it leaner.

I obviously didnt skip over it as you could clearly see in the post i quoted it in.

And i can only repeat myself:

A personal defense weapon to be used for personal defense seem pretty much the only buisness those weapons have at all. And i think killing infected beings as well as other players in order to stop/prevent them from killing you is somewhat called defense.

What i want to say with this, and i hope YOU dont skip over this again, is that this weapon DOES have a freaking lot of buisness in this game world.

Also i think you are right when you're saying that this game should not move to being a pvp only game. But you gotta be realistic here...

All you can achieve in this game is lasting very long. But who would have fun in lasting long, when all they have to and can do is run from the infected, picking up stuff to cover their basic needs and waiting.

The PVP element of this game is very crucial. You need to have a goal in this game other than surviving cause that would just be too easy.

I played a lot the last week and i experienced following:

It got kinda boring just to roam around the map avoiding infected and getting just what you need to stay alife (i.e. food and water).

Then there were two things that got my heart beating faster and my excitement rising:

1. I found a heli crash site and got two nice weapons with some rare ammo. I wanted to keep them both in my backpack for my friends and therefor couldnt log out because weapons get lost when you log out too shortly after obtaining them (when you stash them in your backpack). So i was even more motivated to stay alife and had to be insanely careful...

2. I raided the NW airfield with three of my friend while we had some pretty nice gear. It was very exciting cause it takes quite some time to get your whole team geared up a little and get up to the airfield and you didnt want to lose that.

So what made this game really breathtaking was not the surviving itself.....its useless if you got nothing to lose. It was the fact that i got stuff with me, that i liked and didnt want to lose.

And the things you appreciate having are almost allways the things that are very uncommonly found.

Which brings us back to the weapons. I loved my M107 and was soo lucky to have three mags with it at the crashsite. If i didnt have it, what would change if i died and started over? You get what i want to say?

There are other things that bare worth in this game and that you dont want to lose for example a ghillie suit...

But as long as you can use weapons in this game, they will be one of the things you will want to have. And they will be one reason for you not wanting to die.

Finally one reason that is not: I hate more weapons

Although i allready stated twice that the P90 would be the first SMG with a scope, making it a lot easier to use and a lot more effective. I wouldnt mind having to find very few ammo, but the ammo is a different problem that is allready discussed in plenty of other threads regarding all those heli crash site weapons. One more of those or one less wouldnt make a gamebreaking negative difference.

It IS a little more modern but i dont think one can take that as a strong argument for not picking it up unless you also argument for patching out those nighvision and warmth vision weapons.

I am all for more variety in weapons and would love to see UMP45 (SD), some semi auto shotguns, G36...blablabla

On the other hand I want veriety but much less comon rifles, they should be very rare on their own and ppl should run around with pistols at best. However if you do find rare rifle I want UMP45 or find me some G36

Lol. I don't know man, I think hackers added G36's all by themselfs, we have 2 in our camp from hackers along with some AS50 thermals.

On a side note more guns would be nice, I hope the standalone will have cusomization in guns/attachments, that'd be amazing.