CJBlackbird

ArmA 3 vs ArmA 2

So DayZ Standalone will apparently be running on the ArmA 3 engine.

Now I don't have a super powerful GPU, I've had to switch down from a 7970 to a 6570 because I'm running a hackintosh and wanted a card that works out the box with it as the 6570 does.

So while I can play DayZ I'm only running it on roughly medium settings as Ultra gives me around 10fps.

So this is a rough idea of the system requirements of ArmA 2 and Arma 3.

CPU

• Arma 2 = Pentium D @ 3.0 Ghz Arma 3 = Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 Ghz

GPU

• Arma 2 = Radeon x1800 Arma 3 = Radeon HD 3870

RAM

• Arma 2 = 1Gb Arma 3 = 2Gb

I guess it sort of shows that your hardware requirements are doubled.

Anyway, I highly doubt that DayZ would actually run in a reasonable state on that minimum setup, and please don't flame cause I'm genuinely intrigued and don't know myself, but how optimized is the DayZ mod as it is?

and can we expect ArmA 3 to be less demanding than ArmA 2 realistically is?

Don't forget that the Arma 3 engine will be optimised a lot better than the current one.

The people who made Arma 2 have a SHIT load of more money now since DayZ, it should be a really good game.

Arma 3 will most likely require more power then Arma 2. Though I personly don't see the specs for A3 as huge. Its now many years since i had to abandon 32bit windows. I get the feeling that most games today dont even challange a decent gaming PC anymore.

But hopefully the new engine won't have as many holes in it as A2s.

Not flaming you :)

i just need a better cpu. i can run everything on max, but my amd chip cant beat an i7, i want faster loading screens.

so when do you guys think the standalone will be out, some time 2013?

or 21 December 2012 lol

i just need a better cpu. i can run everything on max, but my amd chip cant beat an i7, i want faster loading screens.

so when do you guys think the standalone will be out, some time 2013?

or 21 December 2012 lol

Since we all will die on before we get to 2013 i hope this year ;)

Hehe, no I think it will come out in the 1Q 13. But thats what i think, i dont know.

I agree with you guys and i am sure they will make the engine run more fluently. You will surely be able to have an stunning visual experience if you have the power but it will run also on medium pcs. That CJBlackbird runs the game on a mac could be a problem. Its not a gamingmachine and he must emulate windows if i am not mistaken.

so i hope for you it´ll work.

so long Rudson.

The people who made Arma 2 have a SHIT load of more money now since DayZ, it should be a really good game.

And what does that have to do with DayZ standalone?

It's gonna be developed on virtual reality 4 engine, which was developed before DayZ even existed, so the amount of money that the guys who made ArmA 2 (they dont have anything to do with DayZ standalone) isn't gonna have any kind of influence in how good the standalone will be

And what does that have to do with DayZ standalone?

It's gonna be developed on virtual reality 4 engine, which was developed before DayZ even existed, so the amount of money that the guys who made ArmA 2 (they dont have anything to do with DayZ standalone) isn't gonna have any kind of influence in how good the standalone will be

Spot on!

Also if you have two teams working on making a game. One with tons of money, one with just enough to get it done. Why whould the one with all the money automaticly make the best game?!

No it's a hackintosh, its basically just a dual booting machine. So it's a desktop that I've built myself that can boot both Windows 7 and Mac OSX, or any operating system for that matter.