jaggardos

For anyone who knows about arma 2...

Im trying to run the game without the beta, but It wont work. Ive got arma 2 and OA seperately and im trying to use the Arma 2 launcher to get onto a server which doesnt work when the beta is used. Ive got it working before but then I tried again today and it didnt load again. Ive got beta unticked and the shortcut doesnt have beta extensions in it but it still launches. wtf?

• Like 1

Your situation seems confusing, I'm not sure of dayz would work without the beta. I would delete the @DayZ folder in your arma 2 oa directory. Then download dayz commander and update.

I haven't tried accessing an arma 2 server since downloading the beta. You are talking about playing arma 2 and NOT dayz right? I'll have a look and see if I can get in, and report back. You should be able to run arma2 without the patch but would need to alternate each time you played dayz.

OK, to confirm, Arma 2 is working just fine for me. HOWEVER, you do know that you can't play arrowhead if you have dayz right? To play OA you have to remove the @dayz bit in your path. For me, using steam, I right click on properties and open the Set Launch Options box and remove @dayz from the path. Keeping a note so I can put it back again after.

Does that help?

Edited by Sula

Im trying to play on a clan private server which is running 1.7.2.3 and no beta. My normal dayz will work obviously cos everythings up to date and im running the beta. But when I run through arma 2 launcher with dayz as the addon etc and beta unticked, it doesnt work.