Gogster (DayZ)

Current problem with Scripts.txt - ALL SERVER ADMINS READ

With the current problem with the Scripts.txt means the file is being re-named to Script_old.txt automatically by BE.

Can I suggest that ALL server admins raise a support ticket with BE to suggest they stop this action and allow us to implement the changing of the action for the offending line to a report instead of a kick.

As it stands we now have no script protection on our servers till this is sorted.

Go raise a ticket:

support@battleye.com

So you are saying that your server gets screwed up while they do nothing?

No, I'm saying they've implemented what they believe to be a solution but someone on these forums came up with a better one. We now need them to alter their default action and let the server admins, administer their servers.

In all fairness we didn't have any script protection while scripts.txt was working either.

But yeah I agree with this, disabling our scripts.txt without our consent until they find the time to "fix it" and all the various colocation resellers bother to add it to their update files is bullshit.

We might as well shut down the entire server network as BattlEye was already suffering from advanced glaucoma as it was due to BE bypasses and what not. Now its just willfully plucked its own eyes out and we're just expected to wait around while any chance of the system actually detecting a script in use is down to completely 0% now.

For anyone who cba to right an email, feel free to use my text body

​​​​Dear Sir,

Please note that the latest battleye server release (version 1.157) is causing problems to Arma2 server hosts. Upon restarting the server the file name scripts.txt is renamed to scripts_old.txt and thus ignored by BE. At this time it would appear that the BE server is referencing no scripts file leaving us unprotected. It should also be noted that at this time no logs are being created from the BE server.

For reference the offending line in your scripts file is 5 openMap !"\"openMap\"," changing the 5 to a 1 would resolve this issue rather than disabling all script detection as you appear to have done.

see http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/70826-battleye-message-wtf/#entry675497

for information.

I trust you find the above to be sufficient for you to rectify the problem but please do not hesitate to reply and ask for further information should it be required.

Regards

Edited by {SAS}Stalker