vooood

Haters gonna hate (AS50)

Maybe you already saw my story, and maybe you didn't. But I can see there are many whiners about the AS50 and I can tell them only one thing - life is unfair so get used to it.

There was I minding my own business in one of the larger towns when a helicopter crashed nearby. I went there to see what happened and encountered a noob on my way who was unlucky enough to get killed by me. He had an AS50 on him along with a bunch of other great loot. I guess he either crashed the copter or was nearby to loot the corpses. Anyway dude, you were beaten by someone better.

A few days later I bought ARMA2 to my brother so I stopped playing alone. We roam the wilderness ever hunting for more loot, food, and ammo for our weapons. In the few days we managed to survive so far we got some pretty nice loot! It would be a shame to lose it somewhere. So what do we do? We sneak around zombies not trying to kill them but to avoid them. We normally leave players alone, but those who get too close will be killed.

Why? Well, just because we have no idea if these people are friendly, freshly respawned bandits, or blood hungry killers. We just don't want to risk getting killed and losing stuff we were gathering for days now. I have quite a few kills on me already, and some of them are counted as bandit kills. I have been called hacker and cheater and similar just because:

• I got my AS50 in a legitimate way
  • I always try to be on a tactically advanced terrain where I can guard my brother while he sneaks around the loot
  • I try to protect us from people with unknown intentions
  • I don't get killed because I don't rush and know how to sneak

And those who think having an AS50 is like cheating are very wrong. It's almost impossible to play with it alone, especially in urban areas. Ammo is really way too scarce and most of our play is spending our time in very risky places trying to find one more mag for it. I have to pick my targets very carefully because I can even miss sometimes and spending ammo on every noob we encounter is just stupidity.

This weekend, for example, we found 3 heli crash sites on one server in one hour (and we were on foot)! Quite lucky, isn't it? And on these three crash sites we only found one pistol mag (!) that was useful for us. We didn't kill even one zombie, so it was a quite fun session of sneaking around.

One small mistake and we both almost got killed. 20+ zombies around us and we're stuck in a tower on the airfield. Spent most of our ammo on them and all our food and blood bags. Even though we're called cheaters it's quite a hard life. Ended up shooting zombies at point-blank range with my sniper because we had no other option.

When we finally cleared the area we were ready to run away and take a break I notice 3 players running towards us with a host of zombies on their tails. Survival instincts shoot in and I realize our only chance here is to kill them. Spent my last AS50 bullets and they were dropped. Thanks to God they had enough food on them to heal at least on of us. We left the bodies and ran. Later I see we are called cheaters.

Get a life and realize that there are players with better understanding of tactics. Life is unfair and DayZ is unfair even more. It is the survival of the fittest. Stop whining about the AS50 and actually try to be friendly when I try to help you. We are not going to kill everyone on sight, but get us into danger or be danger yourself and you're getting a .50 bullet through your head.

//end rant

P.S.

I decided to take videos of what we do and post them on YouTube. You won't see our tactics all the time but you'll see our approach and that we're as mortal as you are, but might use a bit more brains in the process.

Personally i use the SVD Camo, but a fight between the M107 and AS50 the M107 wins it because it has a better Zoom feature and larger magazine.

If i'm not using the SVD Camo i will always choose to bring my M107 out instead of my AS50

• Like 1

One more thing. I have no idea on how to cheat in this game and don't even want to know. If there is something I hate it's people who cheat and then enjoy humiliating other players. People like those are not better than any psychopat in real life.

I also hate servers that are obviously made/used to cheat in some other way. For example admins that kick players when they see them in a vehicle just to get that vehicle and get away with it.

• Like 2

People are crying about AS50s? Wut? I think they're overpowered and shouldn't be in DayZ but I still accept they're in the game and this game isn't about balance, it's risk vs reward.

People are complaining about the duping and spawning in of them and the false economy it is creating

>acquire AS50 from a body

>think it's legit

ISHYGDDT

If I don't know this guy and I don't know how he got his weapon (most likely found it on another corpse) then I don't consider it cheating. Also, I have seen other "extremely rare" and "rare" weapons on heli crash sites and left them there because they're not suited to our style of play. So why is it so hard to believe that someone got spawned an AS50? I personally doubt it myself but after seeing some loot spawns I decided that it might be legit.

After all it takes only some patience and luck to find a good heli crash site with a nice spawn.

• Like 1

Personally i use the SVD Camo, but a fight between the M107 and AS50 the M107 wins it because it has a better Zoom feature and larger magazine.

If i'm not using the SVD Camo i will always choose to bring my M107 out instead of my AS50

I would like to find an SVD Camo and use it for nothing else than real life reasons. It's my weapon of choice in airsoft. :) And I still hope to find an L85A2 AWS.. But no luck so far.. Current mission is to find a server stable enough to maintain a vehicle so we can drive around and cover more terrain/loot locations.

So far we managed to fix up the same vehicle twice (!) on one server and it got restarted everytime after we did that - returning the vehicle to it's original ruined state and exchanging all our stuff left in it into CZ snipers!?

Maybe you already saw my story, and maybe you didn't. But I can see there are many whiners about the AS50 and I can tell them only one thing - life is unfair so get used to it.

There was I minding my own business in one of the larger towns when a helicopter crashed nearby. I went there to see what happened and encountered a noob on my way who was unlucky enough to get killed by me. He had an AS50 on him along with a bunch of other great loot. I guess he either crashed the copter or was nearby to loot the corpses. Anyway dude, you were beaten by someone better.

How did you kill him?

People are crying about AS50s? Wut? I think they're overpowered and shouldn't be in DayZ but I still accept they're in the game and this game isn't about balance, it's risk vs reward.

What really helps is that there are two of us. I, with the sniper, have to always be far away in the forest because if I fire it for some reason near zombies apocalypse errupts. Most of the time I do boring camping and follow my brother through my scope as he sneaks around and collects loot. When I get into loot areas I never get to take out the sniper since it's really pointless, stupid, and dangerous.

@ OP,

Why would it not be legit? from what i read you did nothing wrong.

You survive, and thats nothing wrong with that. Mate, HATERS = MOTIVATORS.

safe travels! :)

How did you kill him?

I was around 100m from him lying in the grass. My first shot missed and he got out a rangefinder probably trying to locate me but as he was searching I killed him with another shot. It was a common weapon, but can't really remember which anymore. That's why I think he was a noob. You don't get your rangefinder out when you're shot at in the open.

I HATE how people assume that if someone has good guns that they are hacked in.

I had a M4A3 CCO, NVG's, AS50 (Found it on a helicopter crash site) and a ghillie suit, I got killed by someone on a server due to me getting knocked out by zombies and then my character screaming while I was downed, attracting a survivor. The server that I was in had Side Channel and after I got killed I someone called out 'Thanks hacker for the AS50'.

I thought as much.

You tough guy you.

What is your problem exactly? As I said I'm not always using it, mostly in dangerous areas where cover is required or we don't want to risk losing valuable equipment. I still mostly follow my brother into areas with a lot of zombies with only a sidearm in my hand.

Do you think it's really smart that both of us run into a zombie infested heli crash site in the middle of a field? We can both get killed easily by either zombies or other players in the woods around. Tough and brave is often dangerously close to stupidity.

People are complaining about the duping and spawning in of them and the false economy it is creating

100% agree. I think they are OP, but only due to duping. If that were to be fixed, I think you'd hear a lot less of them around the hills of Cherno/Elektro.

I HATE how people assume that if someone has good guns that they are hacked in.

I had a M4A3 CCO, NVG's, AS50 (Found it on a helicopter crash site) and a ghillie suit, I got killed by someone on a server due to me getting knocked out by zombies and then my character screaming while I was downed, attracting a survivor. The server that I was in had Side Channel and after I got killed I someone called out 'Thanks hacker for the AS50'.

We have only one pair of NVGs and just can't manage to find another pair for days now. It's starting to be a pain in the ass but we didn't give up so far. NVGs completely change the way you play the game.

100% agree. I think they are OP, but only due to duping. If that were to be fixed, I think you'd hear a lot less of them around the hills of Cherno/Elektro.

That's another thing. Once we got better weapons we never returned to those two largest towns. I just don't see the point - everyone tries to go there and most of the loot we would found there is useless to us anyway.

I know someone who has a tent farm for duping and has about 50 AS50's. The 5 round .50 mag is medium noise and the 10round M107 mag is High noise and less damage

If your playing this game legit, Im finding its quite difficult to keep ammo for it. Once/if dupers and hackers are under control I really think the AS50 is going to be a throw away weapon. I have one right now, an AS50 TWS, but considering getting rid of it because I rarely ever get ammo for it and it takes up quite a bit of storage space in the pack. To top it off my standard primary is a M4A1 CCO SD, which is also hard to get ammo for. I prefer the M4 because you can clear crash sites etc really easy to get in for loot. AS50 is probably the bandits choice of weapon I guess. Its risky carrying it in some ways, at least it will be if hackers and duping get sorted.

If your playing this game legit, Im finding its quite difficult to keep ammo for it. Once/if dupers and hackers are under control I really think the AS50 is going to be a throw away weapon. I have one right now, an AS50 TWS, but considering getting rid of it because I rarely ever get ammo for it and it takes up quite a bit of storage space in the pack. To top it off my standard primary is a M4A1 CCO SD, which is also hard to get ammo for. I prefer the M4 because you can clear crash sites etc really easy to get in for loot. AS50 is probably the bandits choice of weapon I guess. Its risky carrying it in some ways, at least it will be if hackers and duping get sorted.

That was exactly my point. If you want to carry it all the time then you definitelly need another player around. In around 1 out of 3 visits to a military location (airfield, other locations with multiple military buildings) we find a magazine for it. So far we try to conserve ammo for it as much as possible and only use it as defense from potentially dangerous players. As I said, sometimes takes a lot of fun out of the game for me, as I'm carrying it.

AS50 is the best anti ALT F4 weapon. All the complainers can burn in a fire.

Edited by A Bush killed me

I haven't seen any ALT+F4ers so far. I only attacked only three groups of people so far (3 or more in a group each time) and everytime the first one drops dead the others tried to run. None of them quite the game and only one managed to escape in some nearby barracks and I let him live.

What is your problem exactly? As I said I'm not always using it, mostly in dangerous areas where cover is required or we don't want to risk losing valuable equipment. I still mostly follow my brother into areas with a lot of zombies with only a sidearm in my hand.

Do you think it's really smart that both of us run into a zombie infested heli crash site in the middle of a field? We can both get killed easily by either zombies or other players in the woods around. Tough and brave is often dangerously close to stupidity.

Not sure it's a problem.

I'm just picking up on your comment of "beaten by a better player" when, in reality, he was beaten by someone who managed to stay hidden and snipe him first.

Not really a fair contest is it?