Sign in to follow this  
Hydra (DayZ)

FULL whisky bottles

-Would have a wicked picture of a jack daniel's bottle, but apparently this forum can't handle any picture of any whiskey bottle, ever.-

~WHISKEY~

And why DayZ requires it to go on existing, EVEN FOR ANOTHER DAY!

---

*title not based on factual evidence*

After your first time waking up on the open beaches of Chernarus, you undoubtedly searched every building you could find, and almost every time, you found yourself an empty whiskey bottle. The thoughts of the splendor that is Jack Daniel's filled your mind, as well as the question

"Who the F*CK drank all the damned liquor?!"

I believe I can say that I represent a solid chunk of the playerbase when I say that we want, no, we NEED Jack Daniels to be part of our DayZ lives. We NEED to revel in its smooth texture and great t- Well, we'd like to see whiskey and possibly other alcoholic beverages added in the future.

I realize that things infinitely more important than drunken zombie sniping are being worked on, but I believe that this would be a nice "icing on the cake" addon. Who the hell doesn't like cake?

There would be a few possible advantages to this item. Alcohol causes body temperature to rise in real life, as well as dulls the receptors in the brain to pain if taken in "fair" amounts. This leads to an in-game use as a temporary painkiller and a substitute to a heatpack, as well as the obvious fun it could lead to... Or the depression it could cause.

>+body heat

>+Temp painkiller

That would bring us to the in game disadvantages. Alcohol depresses the reaction time of the brain, and often causes unwanted movement and unbalance. This could be used in game as a somewhat tame and temporary, but constant "shaking" event like with being in shock or being cold.

I would advise something along the lines of making the controls more clumsy, but that would require far too much coding for such a small addon, but I welcome anyone's opinions on disadvantages.

>-stability/accuracy.

---

Here it is, ladies and gentlebandits, the reason we should get someone to top off those empty liquor bottles.

"Drinking's awesome, yo."

-Jesus

Edited by Hydra
  • Like 4

Jack Daniels is a shitty whiskey. Just saying...

Look closely at the in game textures for empty whiskey bottles... It appears Chernorussians had a fetish for Jack.

-Would have a wicked picture of a jack daniel's bottle, but apparently this forum can't handle any picture of any whiskey bottle, ever.-

~WHISKEY~

And why DayZ requires it to go on existing, EVEN FOR ANOTHER DAY!

---

*title not based on factual evidence*

After your first time waking up on the open beaches of Chernarus, you undoubtedly searched every building you could find, and almost every time, you found yourself an empty whiskey bottle. The thoughts of the splendor that is Jack Daniel's filled your mind, as well as the question

"Who the F*CK drank all the damned liquor?!"

I believe I can say that I represent a solid chunk of the playerbase when I say that we want, no, we NEED Jack Daniels to be part of our DayZ lives. We NEED to revel in its smooth texture and great t- Well, we'd like to see whiskey and possibly other alcoholic beverages added in the future.

I realize that things infinitely more important than drunken zombie sniping are being worked on, but I believe that this would be a nice "icing on the cake" addon. Who the hell doesn't like cake?

There would be a few possible advantages to this item. Alcohol causes body temperature to rise in real life, as well as dulls the receptors in the brain to pain if taken in "fair" amounts. This leads to an in-game use as a temporary painkiller and a substitute to a heatpack, as well as the obvious fun it could lead to... Or the depression it could cause.

>+body heat

>+Temp painkiller

That would bring us to the in game disadvantages. Alcohol depresses the reaction time of the brain, and often causes unwanted movement and unbalance. This could be used in game as a somewhat tame and temporary, but constant "shaking" event like with being in shock or being cold.

I would advise something along the lines of making the controls more clumsy, but that would require far too much coding for such a small addon, but I welcome anyone's opinions on disadvantages.

>-stability/accuracy.

---

Here it is, ladies and gentlebandits, the reason we should get someone to top off those empty liquor bottles.

"Drinking's awesome, yo."

-Jesus

It's a common misconception that alcohol gives you warmth. It doesn't. Infact it does the opposite of that. Drinking alcohol while suffering from cold will greatly increase the risk of hypothermia.

"Alcohol may make your skin feel warm, but this apparent heat wave is deceptive. A nip or two actually causes your blood vessels to dilate, moving warm blood closer to the surface of your skin, making you feel warmer temporarily. At the same time, however, those same veins pumping blood closer to the skin's surface cause you to lose core body heat — the heat you need to survive, especially if you're stuck in a snowdrift . This effect could lead to fatal hypothermia."

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/db/food/alcohol-warms-up.html

Now what it could do is make you pain resistant, or able to endure pain for a while. Perhaps temporarily kill hunger. That or just make you drunk.