Looks awesome. Love the text. Might i make a suggestion?

Have a Zombie reaching over the Text in the background.

When ive had some sleep (doubtful) il have a whirl on GIMP and (Try) show you what i mean as my skills arent that good, but getting there.

NICE!

Another suggestion, Y and Z 'fit' together (custom typeletters, I guess you'd need / make), and "ALPHA" looks more rugged overall and around its edges.

If I saw that logo I wouldn't be able to see the link to zombies. Needs more "zombies" about it :P

are they actually looking for a new logo? i studied games design at university and im a pretty competent graphic designer, could whip something together if they are looking for a new logo :P

I like the "alpha" stamp, that one looks nice.

As far as the rest is concerned however... lets just say you need to learn a thing or two about typography.

Ps.: A good logo is not about using tons of fancy photoshop effects. That doesnt mean you cant use those effects, but it should also work without them.

Looks awesome. Love the text. Might i make a suggestion?

Have a Zombie reaching over the Text in the background.

When ive had some sleep (doubtful) il have a whirl on GIMP and (Try) show you what i mean as my skills arent that good' date=' but getting there.

[/quote']

My original design had something like that, it was just too busy though and I was trying to remain true to the original design somewhat

NICE!

Another suggestion' date=' Y and Z 'fit' together (custom typeletters, I guess you'd need / make), and "ALPHA" looks more rugged overall and around its edges.

[/quote']

Yeah I tried putting the letters in all sorts of configurations, putting them closer makes it look like DayZ which just looks...odd. And a dash between didn't look much better either. Alpha im pretty happy with though, it looks like a stamp which is what I intended

are they actually looking for a new logo? i studied games design at university and im a pretty competent graphic designer' date=' could whip something together if they are looking for a new logo :P

[/quote']

Dunno, was just putzing around in photoshop and crapped this out in like 15 min

I like the "alpha" stamp' date=' that one looks nice.

As far as the rest is concerned however... lets just say you need to learn a thing or two about typography.

Ps.: A good logo is not about using tons of fancy photoshop effects. That doesnt mean you cant use those effects, but it should also work without them.

[/quote']

Lol, you'd be surprised how few 'effects' it uses, its mostly just a texture, and I eroded the sides with brushes. As for the quality of the work.... it's reflective of the time invested, I spend much longer on the things i'm paid to make ;-)

i dont like the yellow texture much

I like it! It looks like browned paper, I guess if it had a green hue to it, it might look more like decaying flesh?

Lol' date=' you'd be surprised how few 'effects' it uses, its mostly just a texture, and I eroded the sides with brushes. As for the quality of the work.... it's reflective of the time invested, I spend much longer on the things i'm paid to make ;-)

[/quote']

;) No I wont be surprised. I know a bevel when I see one. It was just generally speaking.

Spacing letters correctly doesn't take long though. Just saying. :angel:

Lol' date=' you'd be surprised how few 'effects' it uses, its mostly just a texture, and I eroded the sides with brushes. As for the quality of the work.... it's reflective of the time invested, I spend much longer on the things i'm paid to make ;-)

[/quote']

;) No I wont be surprised. I know a bevel when I see one. It was just generally speaking.

Spacing letters correctly doesn't take long though. Just saying. :angel:

I wasn't aware that bevel was upgraded to 'fancy effects' now :P

As for the spacing, yeah I could of spent more on time on that, but I didn't ;)

Okay, i had a go. Hope you dont mind Aaron, i borrowed the text from yours and added a few bits and peices.

dayZlogoprojext.png

Great concept. I like it.

Here's my entry:

dayzkopia.png

I dig the yellow caution tape, earlier versions of my logo had the yellow/black tape cutting through some of the letters also :P

hi .

i made one version too with some of your ideas!

its just simpler and more symbolic.

hope u like it! :)

cheers

[attachment=73]

Here's my entry:

-img-

I dig the yellow caution tape' date=' earlier versions of my logo had the yellow/black tape cutting through some of the letters also :P

[/quote']

Here's my entry:

-img-

I really like this logo!

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.

jGqux.jpgpolished it a bit and i put some text below.

what do u guys think is it worth vector-icing it?

u can use this as desktop background. grey value is R38 G38 B38

cheers