Sign in to follow this  
survivor_40

Tips on finding crashed helis?

1. Where do crashed heiis spawn? Out in the fields, or in the cities too?

2. Are they more common in a particular area?

3. If you had to guess, how many are generated on the entire map?

4. I heard that once a crashed heli is looted, that it never respawns its loot again until the server is rebooted - is this true?

Much obliged for any answers!

I can tell you now that crashed helis are very rare and tend to spawn in large, open fields. Presently they're glitched so it doesn't really matter anyways.

Just an FYI, when inside a heli, gear can be accessed by opening your map, clicking on "units", selecting yourself, and clicking on "gear.

Ive quit going to them.. I have found many of them in the north often very close to each other, Ive seen as many as 3 within min or two of each other in the Stary regions.. I have never found any loot or any reason to go to them...

Tonight I saw one that was shooting flames 10000feet in the air and lighting up everything in the area for miles... was a bit odd...

The flames thing is a bug with ARMA 2.

The choppers tend to spawn all over the map, i've seen one down in the south, just near ROG in an open field.

I've found higher concentrations near the airfields. 3 in one server around NW. Could be a chance.

I found one yesterday chilling out in a field north of Grishino. It was the first one I'd seen since 1.5.8 dropped, so it's been a fair while. After killing all the zombies around it (man, I love the look of those pilot zombies) I spent a good ten minutes or so trying to get into the chopper but there was absolutely no way to interact with it or open a gear menu, so I moved on, assuming they're still broken.

Still, I b7ml46.gif a bit every time I find one

They are not broken.

One of our guys on the coast found one, he jumped in and glee'd like fuck on TS about finding NVG's and a FN FAL.

Then he got sniped out of it, and went back to see two player helo's circling it.

Found one and it either had no loot or I could not loot it. Same for a friend that found a different one.

Found 7 crashed choppers today, 2 of them immediately after server restarts and still no loot. Can safely assume that they are still broken and nothing was fixed.

Also found one last night with no loot. we killed off the zeds near by and waited for more to spawn assuming the loot would spawn aswell and still nothing.

Can anyone confirm also that if the heli has been looted that the loot will not respawn?