tbuck (DayZ)

Logged out alive, logged in dead

Date/Time: 5/28 around 4am EDT

What happened: Previous server was desyncing, logged out for about an hour(can't remember server name). When I joined the US4 server, I was given the "You are dead screen", never got into game. When I re-spawned, I immediately passed out, wasn't losing blood or anything, just passed out.

Where you were: Near NW airfield, not sure where my character last saved before the server disconnected me.

What you were doing: Logging in

(Also wondering if there is any chance of resetting character, not sure if that is still going on, if not its fine.)

Thanks

The same thing happened to me today.

Yesterday I was playing on Dallas 3 Server. The server disconnect, so I went to sleep. Today I logged on the same server, but I was given "You are dead" screen.

I thought it was a bug, so I tried log in again, but then I was in the beach with a new char.

Yep same thing happened to me in DE5 server

EDIT: Date: 28.5 Time: 15:30-16:00 GMT+2

Same here. Was playing at BRA1, 27th May. Around 9:00 pm US time. Logged out alive, with 12000 blood, and after 30 min started the painfull "get a server spot" process. I then was having issues joining the same server (BRA1) and when I finally got there, I spawned, heard a sound (my guy screaming in pain), no gunshots, and got the "you are dead" screen. The debug status didnt even changed from my 12000 blood.

I was at the north of the map, in the woods. No players were there, I just died.

InGame Name: Andrei

Server: BRA1 - Hosted by Cobra (Brazilian server, hosted at the US)

Time: around 20-21 pm (US Time)

Gear: 1x M16A2 + 8 Stanags

1x MP5 + 10 mags

1x Glock 17 + 2 clips

1x Coyote Backpack

Already sent an email requesting my char back.

Thanks a lot and very good job on the mod!!!!

Just a supposition, but it could be linked to the strange survivors's dead-on-foot corpses (i don't know how to call them, they look like afk players but you can loot them) the ones you can occasionally find.

Tonight i was camping in Cherno, in the church, when i turned to the altar, i found this guy with the makarov on my back. He didn't get into the church by the main door (i was watching it!), i shoot him few shots and killed him.

I could loot his body as he was dead, but he still stand. It looked like he was AFK, but he was dead. I checked my Murder, and it was incresed by 1.

Here's my supposition:

I can suppose this guy left the game before (whe he was in this church) and re-logged in when I was camping there.

Maybe his character spawned before he get visual and movement control of it.

Infact, my murder stat increased by 1, so I must have killed someone.

Seems logic to me. A simple test will do it.

Please dont fix it with a spawn protection sh*t, use some kind of proximity alert.

Same thing happened to my friend, logged out fine, came back in dead.

He killed zombies, and was bleeding (but not loosing health), so he bandaged and then logged off. He logged in to another server, and after a split second, he got the 'you are dead' screen.