I just installed this tonight and I am not able to get on any servers. For some reason it says version needed is 1.6 and version I have is 1.6. But the needed one is listed in red. I just get a black screen that states its joining and then kicks back stating not able to connect. No firewall, and I at least see all the servers. I do have the @DayZ in my upper right hand corner. Any suggestions?

Hello, welcome to DayZ

Firstly you are correct there was a new patch yesterday 1.6.0 ..

there was another update released soon after 1.6.0.1

i think this is your problem you need to go back to the file download page/ftp and ownload the new 1.6.0.1 files i think there are 2..

also did you use "-nosplash -mod=@dayz" in the launch parameters ?

just get these and replace them in the @dayz mod folder and you will be good to go..

any probs let me know i think its just that :)

good luck

Thanks for the welcome I just checked, I dled and installed the 1.6.0.1 version. Installed and downloaded everything about 30 min before i posted, so I think I got the right one. Thank you for your help, any other suggestions?

well it did work so i dont think that making your version up to date will have any adverse effect as you need the latest up to date versions that match the servers as far as im aware, if your not they show red in the server list as they dont match.

are you still unable to connect at all? or is it connecting and you are waiting for a server respose etc?

do you have steam version?

have you removed all the files from the dayz folder and put new ones in? not just replaced them?

Ok well I was a little dumb, forgot to update the ArmA game itself.......so I did that and I was able to join finally. lol. However now I just get a black screen for waiting on host. I can see chat, but thats it. : (

Also I occasionally get the message that I cant play due to files being deleted. This pops up in chat, and I have checked and I still have the same files.