So i was thinking that the humanity should be reset - ppl that used to be bandit maybe wanna change because of the new hero skin, but they cant because they got like -100k humanity. Like me i have -82k humanity, but i would love to get the new hero skin, im trying to play friendly but it hard since the system isnt 100% working, like shooting in self defence and such. i just want it to be fair for everyone - everyone deserves a second chance :3

Suck it up princess. You went about and slaughtered, now you get a chance to work hard to restore your humanity. Resetting it is an easy way out.

• Like 3

I agree somewhat. The majority of my kills have been in self defense as I am usually scrounging around Cherno/Elektro. I also joined after humanity was taken out so I had no idea what it was about. If it does not get reset I'll just continue on and shoot first and demand that they throw down their arms before I help as I will never get it back to zero and people will not trust anyone in a bandit skin which you get at -1 (from what I understand). I think that either a threshold needs to be set for the hero/bandit skin where you can kill in self defense and not immediately be considered a bandit. Either that, or you should reset to zero after a number of livers where you do not attack/kill another player.

Edited by s2ua7

Suck it up princess. You went about and slaughtered, now you get a chance to work hard to restore your humanity. Resetting it is an easy way out.

Arch I completely agree, when I updated, my humanity is so low hahaha. But you're right, it is my fault and this game traces what you choose to do. I killed a lot of people playing so far and now if I really wanted to be a hero, I suppose I could but it would take a lot of hard work... But being a bandit is the best anyways :bandit:

debugmontior.jpg

Perhaps you should have thought of that while you were murdering other players for sport?

Hero skin? Anyone got a pic of it or something i havnt seen it yet. And have they released a new bandit skin?

It already does reset. Reverts to zero upon every death.

You wanna be a goodie two shoes? Go get yourself killed and start over.

Actually it does not reset. I have died several times and it is still very negative... lol

There is no way, you got -82k from just self defense.

• Like 1

Right now it only resets when you switch outfits. Sometimes. It's bugged. I'm pretty sure the implicaiton is that it's supposed to be a permanent feature.

Right now it only resets when you switch outfits. Sometimes. It's bugged. I'm pretty sure the implicaiton is that it's supposed to be a permanent feature.

It's just pretty buggy right now. My stats were all at zero after I updated but when I put on a ghillie suit then they came back to what they were, humanity and all.

Well that is all well and good that it is supposed to be permanent, but you are going to find the group of people that just started the game without knowing about the humanity monitor that determines bandit/hero are going to continue to KoS as they now have no way to get back. I actually have several names I use when I play as sometimes I feel like helping out while other times I feel like being that asshole who KoS, but I ALWAYS do so under the assumed names so people know what to expect. I understand that it is their own fault for doing so, but it is just going to prevent those who made mistakes from being able to feel like they can help others due to being KoS. In the end it is going to hurt those that need help. Then again, that is just my opinion.

The people who KoS'd so much that they'll never repair their humanity are not the people who would have helped them. Anyway, if you really want humanity to return, stop killing people. You can get 2,000 humanity back every 2 hours and 20 minutes of game time. 20,000 in 23 hours and 40 minutes of game time. If you have 89,000 negative humanity, then just go 100 hours of gametime without killing anybody.

EDIT: My math sucked.

Edited by BazBake

Well that is all well and good that it is supposed to be permanent, but you are going to find the group of people that just started the game without knowing about the humanity monitor that determines bandit/hero are going to continue to KoS as they now have no way to get back. I actually have several names I use when I play as sometimes I feel like helping out while other times I feel like being that asshole who KoS, but I ALWAYS do so under the assumed names so people know what to expect. I understand that it is their own fault for doing so, but it is just going to prevent those who made mistakes from being able to feel like they can help others due to being KoS. In the end it is going to hurt those that need help. Then again, that is just my opinion.

yes but its common sense that KoS would be more bandit than hero.

Well people get what they deserve, if they killed so many people so that they have -200k humanity like me they might as well just stick with being a bandit because that's what they've been doing previously. Some people may have bandit skins and choose to help out people, and it's their choice, but there is just going to have to be more trust involved since you are a bandit.

Well, knowing about humanity or not, it was every players's decision how to play the game: Friendly or not. And I wonder a little bit that now there is a hero skin you want to change your behaviour: "Look, I am a shiny hero for doing good." What on earth prevented you from being a hero before the skin was out? Is a stupid skin really enough to make you want to be seen as a good guy? Hundreds of individuals could have seen you as a good guy or even a hero during the last months, if you hadn't decided that kill on sight or duck hunt on the coast is the right way to play this game.

Look, it is just like in real life: If you have been a baddy and really regret your deeds, then it is possible to become a good guy, even a hero. But nobody said it would be easy.

Summing up a humanity of -20k or worse can't be established just by self defense, so don't even try to pretend. ;)

You acted like an asshole, so I see no reason to give you an easy pass to become a hero. Earn it. :)

If self defence will be introduced eq. when killing player I am in his/hers line of fire or player that was stalking me for some time then hurray :) But running week without killing anyone is impossible without sitting in deep forrest and hunting for game and swimming in pond.

I for one think skin is powerful incentive to behave differently - like menu in McDonalds - nobody needs that menu option but why not to buy it ;) when it brings customer value - in sense of presumption of hero/baddie skin something like chick skin at which some people refuse to shoot :D

Edited by mishak

Self defense kills don't affect your humanity, this has been stated by rocket before

I'll add a link to the post by rocket

edit: link

Edited by Orthus
  • Like 1

When humanity came in I was at +12k. I wouldn't say I was a care bear. I never specifically went around screaming medic and helping people, and I've been an opportunistic bandit at times. But the fact remains I worked for that damn skin and suddenly all these bandits who've been KoSing wanting a reset so they can have a snazzy new jacket to show off just to set them apart from the rest of the scarf wearing rabble.

That being said I'm having a hard time tracking my humanity because my debug monitor zeros off every stat each time I log and definitely doesn't seem to be tracking right. Hell I lost 300 points for transfusing a mate. And with rocket confirming that killing bandits doesn't decrease humanity does their targets humanity affect the size of the swing? Is it possible to even gain humanity by killing a particularly rotten bandit? I can't find a definitive answer and I can't test it with my humanity being all over the place after each log.