Sign in to follow this  
Doomclap

Can this computer run Dayz?

Im not sure how to tell so if someone could give me some advice thatd be great. :)

Id like to be able to play the game on high setting or atleast mid. i hate playing games on Low.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iBuyPower+-+Gamer+Extreme+Desktop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/5471692.p?id=1218651510989&skuId=5471692

Edited by Doomclap

Yes it will run it on med-high settings but the PCI express slot is only 2.0 and the CPU is pretty average so if you plan on buying a new graphics card in the future it will be bottlenecked and run like crap. This rig is pretty outdated My advice would be to build your own computer if your on a budget you could get alot better for your money.

Edited by Luke688

You'll be fine on between medium to high. Why don't you build one yourself? (your near mortar pc store or friend could do it)

My point is if you build one you would get higher specs rig for the same$$

You'll be fine on between medium to high. Why don't you build one yourself? (your near mortar pc store or friend could do it)

My point is if you build one you would get higher specs rig for the same$$

problem with building your own is u need money up front i wanna put this on a bestbuy card.

Hmm i wouldn't buy it tbh. 1 year warranty on the parts. Well thats a bit dodgy knowing you should have 3 years on the gpu and 2 years on the hd. A gtx560 is pretty outdated and just won't cut it for any games that come out today and in the future. The cpu isn't glorious either.

You can play it with that but I'm not a fan of prebuilt best buy computers or with anything that is built in. I would be most concerned about the processor and the hard drive. You would see a big performance increase with an SSD (doesn't have to be your main hard drive). If you want to know how good a processor is look at benchmarks and compare.

Sites I would suggest to buy from are newegg or ncix.

These guys are are full of shit^.

Any of the machines posted will run Arma II on very high, with very playable framerates.

I build rigs as a basement passtime (put 12 gaming towers together last month, on various budgets)

and most people on forums etc, think your GPU is shit if it's less than $500

Please do a bit of research, and check out each component, but don't fall into the trap of buying the absolute latest because someone on the forums says "if it's not $2000+, it's obsolete"

If you wanna build it yourself, you could save a bit of cash but otherwise, these systems are just fine.

Good luck, and happy gaming

Edited by taco241

Any of the machines posted will run Arma II on very high, with very playable framerates.

I build rigs as a basement passtime (put 12 gaming towers together last month, on various budgets)

Please do a bit of research, and check out each component, but don't fall into the trap of buying the absolute latest because someone on the forums says "if it's not $2000+, it's obsolete"

i just wanna pick the best i can get bc itll be some time before i can get a new one. So which computer would be my best bet?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Essentio+Desktop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/5555478.p?id=1218658995316&skuId=5555478

or

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iBuyPower+-+Gamer+Extreme+Desktop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/5471692.p?id=1218651510989&skuId=5471692

or

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Essentio+Desktop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/5555478.p?id=1218658995316&skuId=5555478

or any that you think would be good off of the best buy website within 900$ range.

HD 7750 instead of at least HD 7770 ffs...

Anyways I agree this-one should do.The higher tier asus is not that necessary. Are you sure you can't just shop for the PC parts?

unless you can buy a CC on credit like besbuy with their best buy card no :(

Bro you are full of shit and I know exactly what I am talking about so how about not coming out as premature kid that hates on everyone and actually tell us why is my and Doomclaps suggestion/ objections horribly wrong?

One thing to note - arma ain't like battlefield/COD games or like any other out there so GTFO and stop trolling or tell us how ''full of shit'' are we since I didn't recommend a single component as of yet

OP - the Ibuypower gamer xtreme for $ 899 but ditch the GPU for at least HD 7770 , 560Ti or GTX 570, preferably with 2Gb Vram (memory)

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

i just wanna pick the best i can get bc itll be some time before i can get a new one. So which computer would be my best bet?

http://www.bestbuy.c...6&skuId=5555478

or

http://www.bestbuy.c...9&skuId=5471692

or

http://www.bestbuy.c...6&skuId=5555478

or any that you think would be good off of the best buy website within 900$ range.

The first and last link are the same. Anyway it has a gt 520 gpu which isn't even a gaming graphics card. That card couldn't even run Peggle. The middle one is 'ok'. Still, you should build your own imo.

itll be some time before i can get a new one

Ask on the day that you are going to be buying it, prices and technology change all the time. Like others have said it's better to build your own also, it's really easy these days and plenty of people will give you advice on how to do it and what to buy. You will get a better computer and a better warranty (retail computer components generally have a 3 year warranty as standard, as opposed to pre-built PCs which have 1 year warranties as standard).

As an example of what you can build yourself look at this - http://techreport.com/articles.x/23204/4 - better then all of the things you linked too plus a better warranty.

If you wanna build it yourself, you could save a bit of cash but otherwise, these systems are just fine.

Good luck, and happy gaming

this^ but ya i custom built and i have a 3rd gen i5 2500k and a MSI 570 graphics card kinda around those computer and it runs on very high 50 frames.

this^ but ya i custom built and i have a 3rd gen i5 2500k and a MSI 570 graphics card kinda around those computer and it runs on very high 50 frames.

This^ (i5 2500K) is second generation you moron.

i5 3570K that I have is 3th generation