Sign in to follow this  
brn4meplz

Crashed Helo's - A visual notice.

So I searched for this and didn't find anything similar in the Suggestions forum.

So I've come across about 6 Crashed Helicopters now. 3 of them were today alone(After the patch) and I've found 0 Loot piles. I know there was issues before with loot spawns but they are listed as FIxed in the change log.

There is literally 0 of anything. No one takes everything from a pile so I must be finding null choppers or they've been sitting too long and Loot despawned.

Which lead me to thinking, I don't know the Req. or scripting for the spawning of Crashed Helo's. It seems like they just appear at ground level randomly.

What if, They appeared slightly above ground level with a loud explosion or spawned with an Explosion and Crash sound?

This way, players in the vicinity know that a Helo has gone down somewhere and they can start searching for it. At night the flash would be quite recognizable and would get the attention of anyone in the region.

This serves 2 purposes.

Makes getting Loot from Helo's a possibility in a realistic timeframe; and

Acts as a funneling point for players in the Area. If there is an Audio/Visual component to crashed Helo's players will be attracted to the location either for partnership or competition. It would provide contested, localized, flashpoints aside from the static locations like Cities and Airfields(Stary/NWAF)

They aren't spawned on Server restarts. I found 3 today and I went back to the same location within 2 hours on the same server and nothing was there.

Yeah I've been trying to gauge server stress with the things that Have crossed my mind. Which is why I suggested that the Helo might spawn on the ground and then an Explosion and Explosion sound plays on it. The explosion would be purely visual and wouldn't create server stress upon passing. Because there is no model to change or anything, it's simply a script that leaves what we currently have.

I'm just tired of seeing one in the distance and running there with anticipation and hope building all the while, just to find Zombies and nothing else. Not even tin cans or anything. Absolutely 0 loot.

Must be on server restarts...

Was just playing on NY7, and found a helo!

I was so excited as I slowly crawled towards it... slowly.... "Connection Lost"

WPODKLFM!!A@Lfdkl!

Wait a minute... two...

Server comes back up, I smash on the enter key with nervous fingers.

Spawn in...

My precious helo is gone! Replaced by empty space...

Also as side note, I found this helo because it had a bright red glowing light on the side of it... didn't look like a flare either. Was this something special ... or a one off?

I could just imagine the event, helicopter flying over your head and suddently you hear it crash over the horizon and EVERYONE is running toward the smoke :D

could also have them randomly spawn mid air, fly around for a bit(on a path chosen at random) and then the propeller slows down and then the crash, explosions, pretty lights! as you described.

^ of course being once the game is in/past beta..

it would be a MAJOR noise that people would notice and probably follow (along with some zombies perhaps depending how their pathing system ends up) and the propeller slowing down, is simply the chopper running out of fuel or, something breaking etc...

but it would more then likely bring anybody nearby to investigate and lead to, a bit of pvp (or perhaps negotiations but... prolly just pvp lol)

and then have the already crashed choppers like they have already .

Yeah exactly, you guys understand what I'm getting it.

And yeah, These recent patches seem to have affected some lights. Helo's sometimes have them. Airfields now have some landing lights and even some buildings in towns appear to have power to them.